New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by minero View Post
    nissan commonwealth diagnosed it right the first time they looked at my car.

dapat yata sa nissan pina check

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    napakaliit lang talaga ang clearance nung pin within its cylinder ... hindi nga daw pwede lagyan ng teflon tape (gamit sa plumbing) kasi makapal na yun ... so grease lang ang solution

of course we can complain that it is a design fault but not everybody suffer from it ... we can have the whole assembly replaced but that would not guarantee lifetime problem-free operation ... i opted to live with it ... at least now I know what to do as soon as the knocking sound is back ... it only costs P200 for regreasing at the hyundai casa
    Why do you have to pay P200 for the regreasing? That should be free. Otherwise they should replace the assembly under warranty, because if it's a design flaw then the other owners should have the same problem and even then if it is a design flaw then the regreasing should be free just for that very reason.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by C190 View Post
    dapat yata sa nissan pina check
    nissan commonweath and hyundai commonwealth has the same owner..

BTW, dapat libre na yung 200 ...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Why do you have to pay P200 for the regreasing? That should be free. Otherwise they should replace the assembly under warranty, because if it's a design flaw then the other owners should have the same problem and even then if it is a design flaw then the regreasing should be free just for that very reason.
    sorry i failed to mention that our starex is already out of warranty when the problem appeared

of course, i agree such service should be free during warranty period.
    Last edited by kinyo; September 8th, 2007 at 07:03 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    What is the update on this?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ok na ba

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chi827 View Post
    Thanks sa mga concerns ninyo. Actually HARI is aware of the problem already they were the ones who were directing the hyundai commonwealth people on what to do. First to be be done was to put dampers on the springs didnt work. Second they had to replace some suspension bushings didnt solve it either. Next they adjusted the pre load settings on the rack and pinion wala pa din. Last to be done was to change both shocks didnt work still. According to the casa people pair daw palit talaga ng shocks. A friend of mine suggested to talk to Hari executives and relay to them the problem baka daw kasi hindi masyado iniintindi ng mga tauhan nila. My friends even suggested na iwanan ko na sa Hyundai ang santa fe and request for a service car until ma rectify nila ang problem. Do you think this is too much to ask for? Again thanks for your concern. Btw i have a 2005 toyota previa with 53t kms never experienced any problem that i have now with my santa fe.
    I feel sorry for you but no offense to any sta fe owners Just like here in america they're giving warranties up to 10yrs to any hyundai models but my point is going back and fort sa casa for several times? That's my friend's comment he's getting a heart attack! Yes definitly recalls are really normal for any car manufacturers but what sucks?! going back and for then can't find the exact problem! That exactly the same dyan sa pinas...So I guess trial and error pa sa ngayon ang any korean car manufacturers IMHO lang ok!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by juneljrGLS'05 View Post
    I feel sorry for you but no offense to any sta fe owners Just like here in america they're giving warranties up to 10yrs to any hyundai models but my point is going back and fort sa casa for several times? That's my friend's comment he's getting a heart attack! Yes definitly recalls are really normal for any car manufacturers but what sucks?! going back and for then can't find the exact problem! That exactly the same dyan sa pinas...So I guess trial and error pa sa ngayon ang any korean car manufacturers IMHO lang ok!
    its not the manufacturers fault that they could not find the problem its the casa's fault. Its not only happening to Korean cars but also to Japanese cars. My 2000 civic went back to the casa 10 times before they found that the problem was with the thermoswitch for the radiator. If the mechanics of the casa are not competent that is what will happen. This problem actually shows that HARI is concerned and is willing to help. I have yet to see this being done by the other manufacturers here.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Sir the only Korean is the Brand name but the design structure of the Body is American, design by the Americans and Engine if im not mistaken is design in collaboration with the Germans. you can even notice on the Model names sta Fe it is place in US even Tucson it is also place in US. All Hyundai from US is Built in US, Hyundai has invest Billions of Dollars to put up a R&D base on the US, im not sure but somewhere in Arizona i think. So blame the American designers haha! Peace!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kahit ano naman problema kahit hindi tsikot, trial and error method. kahit bmw or toyota

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
sta fe problem