New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i set the pressure to 32psi but the best ride is 28psi.

Baka naman you go so fast over potholes. You should drive normally even during a test drive, never speed up on potholes, kahit anong sasakyan pa yan, suspension will suffer or worse, the mags will get bent.

on approach of potholes, brake smoothly, as you go over the pothole, then speed up smoothly. I doubt you will hear that kalampag ever again. It's probably the tools anyway.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    stock tires are Kumho..baka 35+ psi tire pressure ng showroom units?
    So ano ba dapat? 30 kaya ok na?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ferdine View Post
    So ano ba dapat? 30 kaya ok na?
    well i set mine to 26 lang for comfort...but di sta fe ride ko ha

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ferdine View Post
    As I have made up my mind to buy an SF for my wife this month suddenly, some eleventh hour tale of woes just sprang up. I told my wife to do a test drive and she did. What she observed on the negative side was that there is some kind of "lumalagabug" sound in the rear part of the vehicle kapag na lubak or passing by a crack on a concrete road. She seemed so overwhelmed with the car's positive attributes except this lumalagabug sound. She asked the SA why the loud thund and she was told that it is just normal as the tire pressure may be a bit higher than normal. This, however doesn't convince me. Ok granted, so may I address this question to SF owners, at what optimum tire pressure in the rear it should be na ma suppress ang sound kapag nalubak or in case I have to go for it, do I have to replace it with another tyre kasi baka naman ang stock is not really that good.
    the lumalagabug sound is normal. parang sira ang tunog no? ganyan na yan since noon bago pa Sta. Fe ko. wala sa gulong yan. i've tried everything ganun talaga tunog nya

mahirap makipagsalaran kungdi di kayo 100% sure sa bibilhin nyo. I suggest try other cars na lang to have peace of mind.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    i set the pressure to 32psi but the best ride is 28psi.

Baka naman you go so fast over potholes. You should drive normally even during a test drive, never speed up on potholes, kahit anong sasakyan pa yan, suspension will suffer or worse, the mags will get bent.

on approach of potholes, brake smoothly, as you go over the pothole, then speed up smoothly. I doubt you will hear that kalampag ever again. It's probably the tools anyway.
    Okay, thanks a lot for the info. Out of town kasi ako ngayon and I don't have a first hand experience of this lumalagabug sound of an SF. May pagka kaskasira din kasi ito si wifey. I would ask her again to do a second test drive but with the recommended pressure you set above. Thanks again.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    there are thousands of Fort now on the road and might be hundreds having problems...and now SF is getting hundreds on the road and might some tenths are having problems...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Forgot to mention pala in my latest post that hyundai commonwealth gave me a call earlier today that they will be replacing the suspension arm naman and was advised to bring it there on monday.I just hope this will finally solve the problem otherwise wouldnt know where to go anymore pag di pa din maayos.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chi827 View Post
    Forgot to mention pala in my latest post that hyundai commonwealth gave me a call earlier today that they will be replacing the suspension arm naman and was advised to bring it there on monday.I just hope this will finally solve the problem otherwise wouldnt know where to go anymore pag di pa din maayos.
    It is good to hear that your dealer is actively pursuing to address your SF's problem. Goodluck and hoping that Hyundai Commonwealth will finally be able to solve it. I would also suggest that you to take heed the advice of your friend to leave your SF at the dealer so that the mechanics can thoroughly diagnose and test your SF until they solve the problem (with the guidance of HARI technicians). Additionally, I think that it behooves the dealer to provide you with a service vehicle considering all the troubles you have undergone. Sobrang abala na iyan for you. Just closely walk through with the SA during the inspection of your car upon admission para malinaw na in good order and condition ang SF mo maliban doon sa complaint mo.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    pero ok na rin yan ha, dami na bagong parts sa suspension, di nalalaspag

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chi827 View Post
    Sana mai ayos yan ng Hyundai because your problem now seems to be a test case for them. Magaling na sasakyan dapat magaling din mga troubleshooters. Good luck nalang to your SF and if by chance hindi pa rin nila makuha and you don't know where to go, try to write Mar Roxas (was it him?) if he can resurrect his lemon law bill. Looks like the proposed bill has gone back to a deep slumber.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
sta fe problem