New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Hindi lang incompetence sa casa, meron din magnanakaw. Dati nag paservice ako honda pasig, pag uwi ko wala na yung cover ng speaker sa front door. Nung nireklamo ko sabi dapat bago inilabas sinabi ko na, e siempre di ko naman napansin. ANg masakit walang nabibiling takip kelangan buong siding, nakupo. OT na
    OT
    Hahaha...same experience w/ Honda Alabang. Pati barya-barya at sigarilyo, pinipitik pa

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    isolated case nga yan better na patawag nyo na sa HARI people yan para macontact
    nila ang mga korean tech, sa casa kasi mukang di rin ganun ka laki ang knowledge nila sa santa fe e, bago pa kasi e,
    Ok din to kasi rerecord nila tong defect para sa future reference nila kung may nagkaparehas na problem

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    yes since its a barel new car, they are still not well versed with what might causing the knocking sound... it's lawys trial and error in fixing things like this..

WBR,

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Well sana nga isolated lang yan and di ma-experience ng iba.

Sana maayos na ung SF ni Sir chi827.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chi827 View Post
    hyundai commonwealth. in fairness to them inaasikaso naman hindi lang nila mahanap ang problema. knocking sound is on the left side only and malakas talaga. i think it really is a suspension problem thats similar to the knocking sound of the early starex models suspension. Parang mahina yata pang ilalim ng sta fe. if only this problem would be fixed, the sta fe is a damn good vehicle!
    mukang mahina talaga pang-ilalim ng sta fe. incomparable to our Ford Explorer or even Honda CRV. iba talaga tunog nya pag nalulubak eh parang may masisira kagad 3 years from now. what can we expect, the Sta Fe is built for the developed countries like Europe and US. duon taken for granted na ang good roads, di tulad dito sa Pilipinas "extraordinary" talaga ang roads, as in one of kind

so to those planning to buy a Sta Fe pero gusto nyo na talaga rugged SUV better get the Fortuner or Alterra or CRV. para na din mabawas-bawasan sta fe sa kalsada, nawawala exclusivity namin eh

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    [quote=chi827;886527]My sta fe is a 2007 model which i got october of last year! It has a rythmic knocking sound which increases as the roads get rough. They have changed two front shocks and last i heard they will be replacing the suspension arm. The dealer admits there is really a problem they are just finding a hard time fixing it.

Sir enlighten me please.....you said in your 1st post that knocking sound problem is in the left front side? i wonder why would they replaced both shocks even if its not busted.Who are the person you are dealing in Commonwelth casa re this problem(dealer rep/mechanic)

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Maybe we can recommend a good casa for him, some mechanics have a good instinct(its not on the manual) in dealing with this kind of "new" problem. Sadly i dont have any experience with hyudai casa's coz i dont have one T_T.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks sa mga concerns ninyo. Actually HARI is aware of the problem already they were the ones who were directing the hyundai commonwealth people on what to do. First to be be done was to put dampers on the springs didnt work. Second they had to replace some suspension bushings didnt solve it either. Next they adjusted the pre load settings on the rack and pinion wala pa din. Last to be done was to change both shocks didnt work still. According to the casa people pair daw palit talaga ng shocks. A friend of mine suggested to talk to Hari executives and relay to them the problem baka daw kasi hindi masyado iniintindi ng mga tauhan nila. My friends even suggested na iwanan ko na sa Hyundai ang santa fe and request for a service car until ma rectify nila ang problem. Do you think this is too much to ask for? Again thanks for your concern. Btw i have a 2005 toyota previa with 53t kms never experienced any problem that i have now with my santa fe.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    mukang mahina talaga pang-ilalim ng sta fe. incomparable to our Ford Explorer or even Honda CRV. iba talaga tunog nya pag nalulubak eh parang may masisira kagad 3 years from now. what can we expect, the Sta Fe is built for the developed countries like Europe and US. duon taken for granted na ang good roads, di tulad dito sa Pilipinas "extraordinary" talaga ang roads, as in one of kind

so to those planning to buy a Sta Fe pero gusto nyo na talaga rugged SUV better get the Fortuner or Alterra or CRV. para na din mabawas-bawasan sta fe sa kalsada, nawawala exclusivity namin eh
    As I have made up my mind to buy an SF for my wife this month suddenly, some eleventh hour tale of woes just sprang up. I told my wife to do a test drive and she did. What she observed on the negative side was that there is some kind of "lumalagabug" sound in the rear part of the vehicle kapag na lubak or passing by a crack on a concrete road. She seemed so overwhelmed with the car's positive attributes except this lumalagabug sound. She asked the SA why the loud thund and she was told that it is just normal as the tire pressure may be a bit higher than normal. This, however doesn't convince me. Ok granted, so may I address this question to SF owners, at what optimum tire pressure in the rear it should be na ma suppress ang sound kapag nalubak or in case I have to go for it, do I have to replace it with another tyre kasi baka naman ang stock is not really that good.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    stock tires are Kumho..baka 35+ psi tire pressure ng showroom units?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
sta fe problem