New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Not a valid reason why he shouldn't pay. So, quits nalang dapat? Eh yung oras at perwisyo na dadalhin mo ang sasakyan sa talyer, hindi magamit ng may-ari?

When I used my brother's car and it got damaged, I paid for the repairs even if the car was insured --- and even if I was having cash flow problems.

I mean, it is common decency to offer to pay for the repairs, right? Kung ibang tao siguro yun, baka nakasuhan pa siya.
    I agree on all points. If the cousin (or his parents) are decent people, they will offer to pay for the repairs and make it as hassle free as possible for the owner.

The cousin will not learn his lesson if he doesn't know the consequences of his action. Baka mamaya itakas ulit yung auto pag repaired na

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Common sense is not so common these days ... how much more for decency? The cousin wasn't decent in the first place when he went for a joyride ...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, I agree the cousin should pay for it outright. No insurance claim should be made. It was his action to bring the car out sans permission, he bumped it, he pays for it, he learns from it. If he's like a brother to you, then consider it as hard love and I do believe that will have a positive impact on him as he grows.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my view is from the TS's point of view.
    the car is insured against damage. the car was damaged. insurer should pay.
    that the damager was the cousin, should not be in the equation. after all, TS did not authorize the drive. it's like, the car was stolen and rammed against a poste.
    let the insurer run after the cousin.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    The TS has the right to claim...

BUT the insurance company has the right to approve/reject depending on the merits of the claim.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    The TS has the right to claim...

BUT the insurance company has the right to approve/reject depending on the merits of the claim.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
    and it might take years of court litigation, for the verdict to come out.
    even if it is in TS's favor, i doubt anyone would want to test his patience.
    sigh.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    TS can you show us the pictures of the damage?

Also I hope your cousin pays for it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    I'm currently in Subic and will get back on Saturday I will try to ask for a picture at home.

Thanks for the feedback guys. My cousin is only 19 years old. I grew up with his family, they don't have a decent livelihood that earns that much so they won't be able to provide much. I'm kinda tight on cash at the moment but we'll see. According to my neighbor it may cost me around 90k+ for a casa repair. As for the insurance I believe so as it's part of the package.

BTW it is really fun having conversation here reading your feedback. Hopefully I can resolve this then I can start to slowly customize the car and will ask again for opinion.

Thanks all!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TendouRyuu View Post
    I'm currently in Subic and will get back on Saturday I will try to ask for a picture at home.

Thanks for the feedback guys. My cousin is only 19 years old. I grew up with his family, they don't have a decent livelihood that earns that much so they won't be able to provide much. I'm kinda tight on cash at the moment but we'll see. According to my neighbor it may cost me around 90k+ for a casa repair. As for the insurance I believe so as it's part of the package.

BTW it is really fun having conversation here reading your feedback. Hopefully I can resolve this then I can start to slowly customize the car and will ask again for opinion.

Thanks all!
    well, unless your neighbor works in the auto industry, i won't believe his estimate too much.
    by casa standards, i think that 90K is too cheap.
    if you have it fixed outside the casa naman, your problem, should you refuse to settle for pukpok fix, is that the casa is probably the only source of replacement body parts. $$$ !

perhaps you can talk to your insurer. he might be sympathetic.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 10th, 2016 at 01:47 AM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Option 1: Shoulder the cost on your own, may mga casa at talyer na tumatanggap ng Credit Card (or yung nangungulit sa cellphone na may pre-approved loan ka sa credit card company).

Option 2: Have your cousin and his family take care of the repair since it's his fault.

Option 3: Tell the insurance it's your designated driver who had the accident when you file the claim. Risk kung isumbong ka ng high school friend mo na agent.

Option 4: Wait till you get a license and file a claim after, saying the accident just happened recently.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    ^ option 1 and 2 lang ako agree...

Sent from my Asus ZenFone 2 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Some question regarding part replacement cost and insurance