New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If you're driving in the city, you would probably need an earlier oil change than normal kasi that's considered "heavy duty." You can feel the engine naman eh.

Ako, for example I notice that when my oil is still clean the RPM gear change shifts below 2k RPM (I drive an A/T). Kapag malapit na mag due ang oil change and I can feel the engine being more "heavy" or sluggish in performance, the gear shifts happen above 2k RPM. For me, that's a signal that the oil is a bit on the thick side already, and is dirty, so its time to change the oil. Kahit di pa umaabot sa 5k interval yan. Kasi pag madalas na bumper to bumper traffic, the engine performs at higher temps (and therefore, prone to oil break down), the air is more dirty, thus, more dirt particles are likely to enter the engine, hence, the oil needs a change.

Hope this helps.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    i can say that shell helix is the best fully synthetic oil for me. i have been using it since i drove my first generation ford ranger WLT.
    ang it's registering a 278k+ kilometers traveled and up to now the engine is still in tough shape...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think this really depends on the engine you're putting it in. if it meets the api specs, then go for it.

the Helix Ultra E has the ff specs:
    •5W-30 Viscosity grade. ACEA A3/B3/B4; BMW LL-01; MB approval 229.5; VW 502 00/505 00; Meets the engine test requirements of API SN/CF

(Shell Helix Ultra E | Philippines)

CF is ok for the 1st gen WLT. But it's obsolete for current generation CRDIs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Shell Helix Diesel Ultra feedbacks