New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    just want to know what are good replacement tires for the GS' Hankook RA08 215/70 R16s.

i was scouting for RA08s this morning in sucat and evangelista in makati but found none. all said there were no stocks of that brand and model. and then another added that it was discontinued already.

i was hoping i could find one because i just need one to replace one of my front tires and intend to put the unused spare tire, also an RA08, on the other front side.

but if i cant find an RA08, i'll probably buy 2 tires of the same make and model. preferably 6 ply also with same or better load rating.

pls advise. thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From some research a month or two back, I think the Neuton (I forget the exact model) 225/70r16 will match the RA08's load rating, which is among the important factors due to the GS's weight.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Yung Nexen pwede siguro. Pero hirap din maghanap nun. Try niyo Bridgestone kahit mas malapad ng konti.

May nakita kasi akong gray market HVX (17" rims) naka-Bridgestone Dueler..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di ata kakayanin kung load indicator ang basehan. But then, also, if you don't load as much, tapos better branded tire, baka pwede na rin.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Nexen at Hankook lang kasi may exact size para sa GS.

I noticed walang hiya ang mga Koreano pagdating sa tires. Walang exact same size sa mga branded. Hahaha

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehehe! Ok ah.

Eto yung nahanap ko sa Neuton dati:
    http://www.topgear.com.ph/board/index.php?topic=4661.0

They have 215/70r16, but 100 lang yung load rating.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Sobrang bigat kasi ng GS....

Hay naku!....

12.9K:foshizzle:

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    thanks for the replies.

i have not seen a tire shop that's selling neuton or nexen.
    most would offer bridgestone or dunlop. another offered west lake and falken which i'm not familiar with.

akala ko dati marami nagbebenta ng hankook.

oh well, i'll probably settle for bridgestone later. kaya lang 1 lang kasi kailangan ko sa ngayon.

hmmm...think think muna...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Westlake is China-made. That's what my dad is using on the 17s of his Innova. But that's just an Innova, so it's relatively light. Not sure if it can handle the weight of the GS.

Falken is Japanese. They're about in the same level as Bridgestone or Dunlop, assuming these two are the ones made in Japan. Bridgestone and Dunlop also manufacture out of Thailand.

Check out the specs of the specific Bridgestone you're getting. On our previous Gen 3 Starex, I used to get Dunlop LM RV 501s with the 98 load rating. I'm not sure if these were crap, but I changed them twice with low mileages on each set due to them getting oblong-ed. Eventually, moving into a different Dunlop with 101 load rating and haven't had the problem since.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    [SIZE="4"]I-try mo yung Bridgestone na "Light Truck" nasa 108 ata yung load rating nun at max psi is 65...Hindi nga lang gaano kagandahan yung tire thread pattern niya pero I thinks OK na yan para sa mga heavy van...Hi-ace nga pala gamit ko and no problem kahit na loaded yung van ko...Dati gamit ko yung wrangler dueler nga ba yun na 96 ata load rating sobrang kakabadtrip oblong agad kahit na mga 15,000Km pa lang tinakbo...[/SIZE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Replacement tires on the GS?