New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    yeah.
    ours can be re-built.
    theirs have to be replaced. assembly-style.

please pass the grapes and the bowl of sugar.
    heh heh.
    Oh yes! I also have an Altis 2013... Brand new rack and pinion 37k...rebuilt surplus 7k including labor.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    Oh yes! I also have an Altis 2013... Brand new rack and pinion 37k...rebuilt surplus 7k including labor.
    Ask ko lang kung saan nyo pinagawa yung power steering nyo?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I have the same Electronic PS + Steering assembly problem in my Honda City 2008, I bit the offer from CASA because there is a 1 year warranty, cost is 65K, original cost was 72k+ after negotiations with Honda Phils. Three times within 4 months, I have returned the car to Honda service because the problem re-occurred several times, and they replaced the faulty parts without any additional charges. 3 years have passed, I still have my Honda City and is still very reliable

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i have a 2003 altis.
    there's nothing wrong with its steering system.
    since new.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    I'm a Grab operator, 12cars, 7 of 12 Hyundai Accent Diesel.

1) It's always good to validate part numbers online as previously suggested. Use your charm, get the casa part number.

2) I don't know anyone who offers warranty on labor. Even if you find one, how would you know that the labor is faulty? In my experience, they always blame the part faulty, then you go back to your part seller, then the part seller will tell you to blame the mechanic. This is why casa charges so high, because they're the only ones who can offer you warranty on parts and labor only if you pay for both.

3) You're on the right path, all paths have risks.

4) The only remaining step I can recommend... Choose the risk you can live with.

I buy all my critical and expensive parts from Goodgear... Even casas buy from goodgear. (and yes, they sometimes sell full assembly parts only)

Labor? I have my 5-yr trusted mechanics... Who still and will make mistakes... Mistakes I can live with.

Just to share, my father told me that having a car is like having a child.

Good luck on your decision making.
    Thank you for this insight. Very much appreciated. I would already go this with this path.

Thank you all for your replies. I will keep this thread updated, especially the outcome.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge View Post
    Ask ko lang kung saan nyo pinagawa yung power steering nyo?
    Kabignayan Street, Banawe area... In between Banawe Ave. and BMA Street along Kabignayan Street... Look for Toto

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12