New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hi tsikoteers!

I was just wondering if where could i buy original tucsonIX projector headlamps, i am having doubts about retrofitting, can anyone please shed some light about this topic? maintainance and reliability issues is my number one concern in retrofitting..

and to those who know where i can get the original ones, please point me to the right direction! ^__^

thanks and more power!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rrdanas View Post
    Hi tsikoteers!

I was just wondering if where could i buy original tucsonIX projector headlamps, i am having doubts about retrofitting, can anyone please shed some light about this topic? maintainance and reliability issues is my number one concern in retrofitting..

and to those who know where i can get the original ones, please point me to the right direction! ^__^

thanks and more power!
    dre,

Ebay will give you the right answer. Please follow the discussion at Tucson Modification.

Sir Starex Gold can also give you some tips about that.

Cheers!!!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by aleksalazar143 View Post
    dre,

Ebay will give you the right answer. Please follow the discussion at Tucson Modification.

Sir Starex Gold can also give you some tips about that.

Cheers!!!

i tried searching in ebay, but to no avail, i wasnt able to find any sellers offering projector headlamps for tucson Ix.. but i would contact sir SG.thanks!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    i was able to get a few outside the philippines, but unfortunately, they're not due to arrive for another month or so... ang nagustuhan ko sa orig HL is the 4 beams when you go hi. an ix projector HL would be brighter in high than retrofits...i have tried it personally.

when i have spares, perhaps i'll post them for sale.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by caster View Post
    i was able to get a few outside the philippines, but unfortunately, they're not due to arrive for another month or so... ang nagustuhan ko sa orig HL is the 4 beams when you go hi. an ix projector HL would be brighter in high than retrofits...i have tried it personally.

when i have spares, perhaps i'll post them for sale.

thanks caster! i agree with u, that is why there really is a big part of me that prefers the original projector headlamp for the tucsonIX. u would have a single beam HID for the low range, then a dedicated halogen or perhaps HID when u select high beam... At least there would be a guarantee that all ranges would be covered.

BTW did you purchase the lamps through ebay?

It would be interesting to get a side by side comparison of the output of the IX oem projector type headlight vs. a retrofit, say same as Denkis. A Philips 85122+ will output 3200 lumens per bulb while a very good halogen bulb will give out less than 1500 lumens. At LO which you use 95% of the time, I am 100% sure a retrofit will outperform the IX halogen projector. At HI when the IX OEM will turn ON 2 halogen bulbs totalling close to 100w baka lumapit nga sa HID bulbs on projector but then again you use that for not as often as the LO. If you get the IX oem I think it would be because of the look (oem talaga) and not so much with the performance as compared to a retrofit.

see this output comparison between a Montero projector type halogen HL, H7 same as the IX and a retrofit.

stock

retrofit, FXR with Philips 85122+ burners and Matsushita ballasts

road output

going back to rrdanas post, get an oem retrofit and you wont have issues sa reliability and minimal maintenance yan. The Philips bulbs will last you 4 years at 2 hours of use everyday and the ballasts will last as long as your Tucson

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rrdanas View Post
    i tried searching in ebay, but to no avail, i wasnt able to find any sellers offering projector headlamps for tucson Ix.. but i would contact sir SG.thanks!
    I think caster already answered your PM to me. hehehe

Re: Stickers pala. You can PM sir Mschumacher. Nasa kanya yung stickers ng group natin. Pwede mo ipa LBC diyan

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    May mga ganito din p ba sa Grand starex hvx?? Ü saan pwde makakuha?

Orig TucsonIX projector headlamps