New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yggyboy View Post
    thank you sa mga advise... 31thousand plus kms mileage
    p check ko ulit bukas baka nga fuel filter or yung pedal sensor daw, limp mode

post ko pag ok na sya
    So, I assume it still is not okay, bro?...

10.5K:band:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    thank you sa lahat. ngayon lang ako nakapag online... fuel feed pump damages 7.4k

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hindi ba covered sa warranty yan?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by yggyboy View Post
    mga sir ask ko lng kung may idea kayo sa problem power
    08crdi starex/ manual transmission.
    pag nasa nlex or pag naka rekta then nag low gear ka na nawawala yung power nsa 2rpm na lang pag nag turn off ako then start again ok na ulit power then later on lost power na naman 2rpm lang
    nag pa change oil and check up ako sa wheels wala naman daw problem, then papunta yung starex sa subic nag lost power na naman sa nlex and sctex...turn off then turn on yung engine ok na ulit
    need advise thank you

Exactly the same problem ng 2009 Grand Starex VGT namin.
    Instant power loss after ng hataw tapos pag turn off ko ignition then pag start, ok na ulit.
    Saan dealer po kayo nag pagawa?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

I encountered the same thing with our old 04 GRX TCi A/T (Gen3) back in 2005 while hard driving it along Marcos Highway going up to Baguio.

I think your ride is going into limp mode... RPM can go no higher than 2000 and there is definitely a huge loss of power.

In our case the "check engine" idiot lamp lit up... I turned off the engine after idling it for some time and then turned it back on... I did not encounter any similar problem after that...

My gut feel,- have them check your ECU, bro. It could now be intermittent...

10.5:band:
    my wife went up to Baguio recently and encountered the same thing. they thought it was caused by the engine overheating or something. so they would rest the engine for a few minutes then roll of again. and it would be fine until the check engine light would blink again

05 grx tci
    Last edited by ptk675; March 30th, 2012 at 01:38 AM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bro.,- ipa-diagnose ninyo na sa Hyundai iyan,- it could be a real problem. Ours did not manifest the same issue after that. I surmised that I caused it as I was hard-driving the van,- overtaking every vehicle going up Marcos Highway,- until it hit me while overtaking another vehicle on the last stretch of the road's steep incline....
    15.3K:jazzybass:

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    has anyone checked the oxygen sensor? the one that is connected to the air filter housing... this is a long shot.. but if that sensor is moving around or in some case is disconnected the engine would only rev to 2000RPM...

im just relaying what happend to our schools CRDi GRX.. nag palit kasi nga air filter.. and some forgot to plug the oxygen sensor back. and thats what happened.. hangang 2000RPM lang.. wala ka power power.. ..

the way the sensor is positioned its very easy to over look it..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Also check your fuel filter.

Sudden high rpm use may sometimes suck up sediments or water in the tank into the fuel pump and momentarily clog the filter, causing a temporary loss of power.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by per View Post
    Exactly the same problem ng 2009 Grand Starex VGT namin.
    Instant power loss after ng hataw tapos pag turn off ko ignition then pag start, ok na ulit.
    Saan dealer po kayo nag pagawa?
    Same with my 2009gs...nagplinis Ako ng egr,new filter.pintsek ko wla nmn lumlbas sa computer...Sabi iwan ko dw sa casa ng 3 days pra maobserve:.bka po my mishare kayo manga sir kc planning to change my fuel pump nd egr na..wla kc Ako maki hang straight answer sa casa..Ty po very much

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
need help starex crdi 08 lost power