New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Good thing I can bring my own oil and parts for my Hyundais without any problem ;)

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Good thing I can bring my own oil and parts for my Hyundais without any problem ;)

Saan kayo nagpapa-service sir?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindong View Post
    Saan kayo nagpapa-service sir?
    Hyundai las piñas

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post

Wala paring corkage dun sir?
    Last edited by bratski; December 31st, 2012 at 04:41 PM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    Wala paring corkage dun sir?
    Last PMS ko wala pa. Baka by February PMS nanaman ng Tucson ko, balitaan kita. Damn short ako ng 2 months sa schedule panay kasi ang punta sa Bacoor

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    HARI may have their own recommendations or practices based on local testing, but if the dealership insists on using completely out-of-spec oil like 15w50 on a motor not designed for it, then there clearly is a problem with the dealership.
    Unfortunately, it's a problem with HARI. They're feeding Hyundai owners their HGMO as if it's the best oil for your car, and pricing it in the Motul range! WTF?! The dealerships are just supposedly "abiding" by HARI's rules.

At least with the Theta II HGMO hits the right API service classification though missing on the recommended viscosity. With the CRDI engines, they're way off spec on the API service class (CF only vs. CI-4 requirement).

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Has anyone sent HGMO for lab testing? I have my doubts that it actually meets the API service SM spec. Baka sticker marketing lang yun.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    my last oil change was in Global City, where i agreed to use the fully synthetic HGMO because every 10000 kms or 6 months (whichever comes first) ang oil change (top off and change filter daw after 5000 kms or 3 months, again whichever comes first). i checked the container and found out it was an Amalie oil, SN rated and 5W-40. Global's semi synthetic HGMO was from Shell, SN/CF rated and 5W-40

compared to Quezon Ave, their semi synthetic was from Elf (not HGMO), SL rated and 15W-50

based sa experience, fully synthetic na ako. pangit performance ng unit sa semi at 15W-50

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    The FS HGMO of HQA is also made by Amalie oil in Florida, 5W 40 SN rated, sa diesel it passes the CF rating and ACEA B4 rating. I guess acceptable naman.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    The FS HGMO of HQA is also made by Amalie oil in Florida, 5W 40 SN rated, sa diesel it passes the CF rating and ACEA B4 rating. I guess acceptable naman.
    Beg to differ on the diesel rating. CF is an obsolete standard, pang late 90s pa ata. Besides, the minimum VGT requirement is CI-4, so the CF is way off.

Not sure about the GS TCi engines and what their minimum oil requirements are.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Motor Oil 101 and how the HGMO policy is not good for Theta II.