New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ask ko lang mga bakit parang ang baba ng resale value ng Kona? Like ang presyuhan ng top of the line 2020 model nasa 700 na lang, di ba nasa 1.2 ito sa casa? Anong meron?

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dennison View Post
    Ask ko lang mga bakit parang ang baba ng resale value ng Kona? Like ang presyuhan ng top of the line 2020 model nasa 700 na lang, di ba nasa 1.2 ito sa casa? Anong meron?

Here are my thoughts:

1. Korean vehicles will always have a lower resale value than Japanese vehicles.

2. A crossover will always be lower in resale value compared to a subcompact car or compact car or MPV or PPV. They are similar in resale value to midsize cars.

3. A gas-fed vehicle with an engine displacement more than 1.6L is something most Pinoys avoid. It will never appeal to most people who are afraid to spend for gas anything more than a Vios or City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2019
    Two words, “perceived value!”

4. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    madami yata repossessed because nag zero down before the pandemic.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenBlack View Post

The value of a repo car will be around the amount due to the bank. It would be about something like the SRP less all payments against the principal made by the previous owner.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Here are my thoughts:

1. Korean vehicles will always have a lower resale value than Japanese vehicles.

2. A crossover will always be lower in resale value compared to a subcompact car or compact car or MPV or PPV. They are similar in resale value to midsize cars.

3. A gas-fed vehicle with an engine displacement more than 1.6L is something most Pinoys avoid. It will never appeal to most people who are afraid to spend for gas anything more than a Vios or City.

Makes sense, thanks for the insight sir

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    if you're in the 2nd hand market. kona is a good buy, technically its as reliable as some toyotas.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenBlack View Post

+1000. This is the main reason why 2nd hand cars now have much lower than usual tag prices. Daming repossesed due to the pandemic. Even 2nd hand toyotas and hondas have lower tag prices at 2nd hand car lots. Only the private sellers are hoping they will still sell at the usual prices, but they don't.

2nd reason, gasoline crossovers always have lower resale as compared to a diesel.

3rd reason, it is not a toyota. Or honda. Even japanese subarus, mitsubishis and nissans have lower resale values than these 2.

Well, at least it is a korean. Wait when the chinese brands hit the 2nd hand market. Or even the chinese made hyundai reina.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    +1000. This is the main reason why 2nd hand cars now have much lower than usual tag prices. Daming repossesed due to the pandemic. Even 2nd hand toyotas and hondas have lower tag prices at 2nd hand car lots. Only the private sellers are hoping they will still sell at the usual prices, but they don't.

2nd reason, gasoline crossovers always have lower resale as compared to a diesel.

3rd reason, it is not a toyota. Or honda. Even japanese subarus, mitsubishis and nissans have lower resale values than these 2.

Well, at least it is a korean. Wait when the chinese brands hit the 2nd hand market. Or even the chinese made hyundai reina.
    Add mo na din sa reason yung 2.0 engine. Allergic mga pinoy pag hindi 1.5/1.6. Shame...