New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    I see no advantage in owning the Veloster compared to the Civic RS which is more practical, bigger, with a design that could age well, and more affordable.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    The new one to be sold here and shown in MIAS is the 1.6T

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    I see no advantage in owning the Veloster compared to the Civic RS which is more practical, bigger, with a design that could age well, and more affordable.
    For people who want something different, the 3-door setup is a unique proposition though.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aargh View Post
    For people who want something different, the 3-door setup is a unique proposition though.
    True but something overpriced with so-so features at nearly 2M is a bit impractical. If the Veloster only had a RWD setup, it would offer a good competition to the 86/BRZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Miata is more unique, more timeless, more respectable, more fun, and more attractive.

5 years down the road I don't think the Veloster will get any respect or second glances (just as the Genesis Coupe is a wallflower now). In comparison, even a 90s Miata is still an iconic car.

Hyundai had its heyday in the late 2000's with a string of good releases - Tucson, Accent CRDi, Elantra, Grand Starex. People bought them in droves (Hyundai became #3) but eventually got burnt with the poor aftersales and shoddy build quality. Now, they're releasing overpriced stuff that can't compete with the Japs. They had their chance and messed it up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ I feel bad for the Genesis Coupe. It was a big hype before and it was a bargain for what it offered. However, that was just it. You get to see more old 350/370Zs or Mustangs on our streets.

If the Accord Coupe V6 was sold here, that would have gotten more attention. The Americans love their Accord V6 coupe and many felt sad that Honda decided to stop its production.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    ^^^ I feel bad for the Genesis Coupe. It was a big hype before and it was a bargain for what it offered. However, that was just it. You get to see more old 350/370Zs or Mustangs on our streets.

If the Accord Coupe V6 was sold here, that would have gotten more attention. The Americans love their Accord V6 coupe and many felt sad that Honda decided to stop its production.
    Sorry Im not familiar. Marami bang problems ung Genesis coupe?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

I think the launch of the local 86 killed the market for the GC.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Sorry Im not familiar. Marami bang problems ung Genesis coupe?
    The Genesis coupe suffered from poor driving dynamics when compared to 86, it’s too big and heavy compared to the lightweight Toyota. Also, the name “86” itself gave the Toyota coupe instant iconic status.

But I think it’s not fair to say that the Genesis is a failure for Hyundai. The first Hyundai Genesis sedan and coupe was like a “primer”, just a hint of what a Hyundai luxury is. Now, the Genesis is a completely separate luxury brand from Hyundai, just like what Lexus is to Toyota. International reviews on their current models are mostly positive, with the criticisms mainly focused on brand image, which is understandable given that it’s a new car brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    So its more on image/perception problems lang and not quality related?

hyundai veloster forum