New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    i'm always in baguio....

with the theta gls, there is nothing spectacular when using it in baguio. in fact, i find it underpowered going uphill. oftentimes, you drive it in manual mode to get the speed you want uphill. but here's a thought...i was driving the tucson and my wife was driving a 2.5L strada, we were going uphill when she overtook my ride...and i wasn't driving easy then. i would say the crdi has the edge going uphill and basically an all-around torque advantage.

oh here's another thought for fuel consumption. in the gls theta, i usually consume 12.5L/100Kms every end of each tank fill, with the strada, under the same conditions and same destinations, my consumption is pretty much the same, 12.5L/100Kms also. in out of town trips, especially along NLEX, my consumption can go to as low as 6L/100Kms on my theta, of course, leisurely drive of 80-100 kph only. (try niyo mag drafting sa bus sa NLEX, hehe...tipid sa gas)

medyo nakakapag taka rin talaga yung consumption ng diesel at gas ang lapit when highway driving na. im expecting na medyo mas matipid yung diesel to the point na mag reach siya ng 20km/liter. haha asa!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kaya natin mag 20km/L..

Kung 2WD tayo. Haha :twak:

Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Kaya natin mag 20km/L..

Kung 2WD tayo. Haha :twak:
    actually kung 2WD na RWD.

pero yung 4WD naman naten is by demand e. so in normal not slippery conditions, FWD lang talaga yung tucsons naten.

its just with the CRDi R-evgt engine kaya malakas din sa krudo. laging naka turbo e! kahit low revs. haha

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Yeah. Hindi naman talaga tipid.

Pero napakabilis naman. Haha

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    I guess this will be it!!!

WE WILL BE HAVING A URGENT MEETING REGARDING Tucson.PH Outreach Prog. + Fun run + X-mas Party 2010

the date will be on november 5, 2010 (FRIDAY)

time: 8:00 pm

where: Mcdonald Julia Vargas

list of those who will come and join our FUN RUN:

1) ceejaypee

2) bryan

3) Ken

4) mykol

5) ros

6) emachine

7)Rrf777

8)*rt (with wife and daughter)... will join the convoy at SLEX kung pwede coz we'll be coming from Calamba.

9)mark

10)Lejox (to be confirmed, he is working on getting info at Highlands on how much will it cost to view the Pacquiao fight, but note this does not hinder us from doing the outreach))

dapat etong 10 na to, pupunta sa meeting.... and for those na gusto pa sumama... your free to join.. just txt CJP ( 0922 825 70 77 )

and for those who will not join the fun run, but they want to give something sa mga bata....

please come in this meeting.... we also need to discuss kung ano ano ung mga kailangan ng mga bata...

para hindi tayo masyado pare pareho... para naman lahat ng kailangan nila mabigay natin, kahit papaano...

what do you think about this guys..??? this is just my suggestion....

one more thing... . i guess, wala muna tayong tshirts......

nakausap ko si JACK about this, minimum daw ng tshirts is 50 pcs... haha!!

( ilan lang naman tayo ) .... hindi rin daw kaya ma rush..... busy daw ang mga factory...

pero if you want sa fun run... at may kakilala kayong gumagawa, kahit onti lang... sabihin niyo lang.. and how much it will cost...

i guess, the tshirt is too late.. .pero pwede naman ata ipa rush eh..

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by caster View Post
    i'm always in baguio....

with the theta gls, there is nothing spectacular when using it in baguio. in fact, i find it underpowered going uphill. oftentimes, you drive it in manual mode to get the speed you want uphill. but here's a thought...i was driving the tucson and my wife was driving a 2.5L strada, we were going uphill when she overtook my ride...and i wasn't driving easy then. i would say the crdi has the edge going uphill and basically an all-around torque advantage.

oh here's another thought for fuel consumption. in the gls theta, i usually consume 12.5L/100Kms every end of each tank fill, with the strada, under the same conditions and same destinations, my consumption is pretty much the same, 12.5L/100Kms also. in out of town trips, especially along NLEX, my consumption can go to as low as 6L/100Kms on my theta, of course, leisurely drive of 80-100 kph only. (try niyo mag drafting sa bus sa NLEX, hehe...tipid sa gas)
    Thank you very much for a very candid feedback, caster!!! Had the same car from Dec., 09, 2009 to October 15, 2010 (6,500km) ......but did not have the chance to go to Baguio. I agree, the CRDi definitely has the advantage due to its substantial torque.

Ha ha ha ......drafting sa bus in NLEX is a good idea...... similar to what dolphins do in front of fast sailing ships.

Thanks again for the inputs.....appreciate it.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by caster View Post
    i'm always in baguio....

Surely theta II engines of tucsons are no match for crdi engines nowadays. Before I've tried my Kia carens going uphill to baguio, then also at some point in bicol which is avery steep part. I See my carens forging all the traffic in front of me uphill and I was on third and fourth gear on a very steep climb and did go around 80 kph at one point. Yahoo to the power of crdi engines.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mschumacher View Post
    Surely theta II engines of tucsons are no match for crdi engines nowadays. Before I've tried my Kia carens going uphill to baguio, then also at some point in bicol which is avery steep part. I See my carens forging all the traffic in front of me uphill and I was on third and fourth gear on a very steep climb and did go around 80 kph at one point. Yahoo to the power of crdi engines.
    I am in complete agreement, specially in tight overtaking situations..... the CRDi engines definitely gives us the advantage and corresponding confidence over gas engines.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Hyundai Tucson Diesel GL vs GLS