New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 730 of 767 FirstFirst ... 630680720726727728729730731732733734740 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,300 of 7661
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

What oil are you using? Mind if I ask how much you paid for the 5k PMS? I got the diesel variant, so the bill should be a shocker ... :D
    I got the diesel variant as well, pre-facelift. I just use the in-house HGMO, fully synthetic engine oil to avoid complications with the Casa for the mean time. For the 5k PMS, if I could recall, I spent around 6k but I was still using semi-synthetic engine oil that time and just switched to fully-synth on the 10k PMS. Where do you service your unit?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hyundai Manila Bay, that's where we got it. Plus they still have to give me my freebie seat covers and replace a window tint (scratched by their installer). I'm considering using semi-synthetic oil for all PMS schedules. Full synthetic on 5k PMS intervals is just wasting money. Ayoko naman paabutin ng 10k mileage on every oil change.

Does your model have the sunroof/moonroof?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    ^ too expensive yung with sunroof/moonroof hehe just got the basic diesel variant with the bmw type side step but without the video/navi option. yung free seat cover i think is just the ordinary cloth cover that is forgettable hehe anong brand ng tint ang free? imo, there's a marked difference bet semi and fully synth engine oil, napansin ko mas malakas hatak nung nag fully synth na ako.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Re: Tint, I think it was Lumina. Got the medium dark shade, if it fades in a year, I'll peel it off and go tint less. The facelifted model has video and sat-nav as standard. Took off the cheesy mud guards on the first day.

Those side steps are an option di ba?

One observation though, AC is not as biting cold as compared to a Toyota.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    ^ totally agree hehehe hindi kalakasan and malamig ang blower ng ac.. that was my very 1st 'complain't with the tucson hehehe the side steps were an option, just put it in there cause it looked good. you mean the mud guards attached to the doors? arent they bolted in?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The mud guards on the wheel wells. Yes they're bolted, pero madali lang naman tangalin. My Tucson looks like the petrol version right now.

Glad to know that the AC performance is indeed "normal" for this model.

A short comparison based on thermostat settings (knob position) on our cars in the house.

Benzes * 1/2 = Toyota * 3/4 = Hyundai * Full/Max

On MB's its understandable, their AC evaporators are at least 2 feet long and 8 inches wide. Toyota's, maybe because its a Denso system (tropicalized). Hyundai ... I will check with the service guys on what they have to say.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    ^ that should be my next project, removing the mud guards hehe but they're serving their purpose, so i'll think about. On a really warm day, with a few passengers, 3-4 talaga kailangan sa AC hehe anyway, what im really impressed with is the power of this car. lakas ng hatak, plenty of power and speed plus the engine is frugal! mura pa ng diesel ngayon hehe

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^
    Yeah, engine power was a real eye opener. Considering that its only a 2 litre lump, and having a 6 speed gearbox utilizes that power to the fullest. I was initially gunning for the more popular Japanese 4x4, until I decided to look over the fence and see what the other guys had to offer.

So here it is. :D

Most bang for the buck 4x4 CUV out there, IMHO.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    ^ +1 to that.. arguably the most power in its class on the downside though, the CASA lol

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    good day. was wondering saan makakabili ng rear mud/splash flap and kubg how much. nagasgasan ko kasi kanina yung sa unit ko.. in case i decide to replace it with a new one. thank you in advance

Hyundai Tucson