New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 566 of 767 FirstFirst ... 466516556562563564565566567568569570576616666 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,660 of 7661
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    This is also my dilema before I bought my Tucson, my firstu choice is the crdi as my best friend is a big fan of crdi, he is driving a Ford Focus TDCI, and higly recommends Diesel, and then when I compared the specs of the GLS and GL CRDI, mas lamang pa ang GLS, like seat quality, engine cover, etc. Tapos price difference is 180k. Kung same specs sana sa Theta GLS, no question I will go with the CRDI. Someone posted here na kung makakatipid ka lang ng 500/week sa diesel, makakabawi ka lang in 7 years, so if you are not a sales man, or just average city driving, parang di sya worth it unless of course gustong gusto mo talaga ung high torque ng crdi.... Or hilig ka humataw.... ;) mag crdi ka... Pag hindi, best value for money for me ang theta gls, un nga lang malakas talaga sa gas, pero I think this is just normal for SUV, I came from Ford Escape and mas matipid pa tucson ko ng konti.... Kung gusto mo talaga matipid, don't get an SUV at wala nun lalo na pag GAS.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    based on your analysis sir starex, eh di same case din po with the hyundai tucson? Mas sulit parin if I will buy the theta ii because of the 300k price difference with crdi? Sorry ang daming ques ahh? Girl po kasi ako eh.. wala mashadong alam sa car. hehehe

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I recommend the Theta GLS... Add ka lang konti... Instead of Theta GL daming dagdag...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    does anyone know how to open up the keyless remote? model is ohm048005. Can't seem to pry it open without damaging it >_<

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IceT View Post
    Nice insight. It's something to consider and think about. Thanks.

Opinions of other tucson owners are welcome too. Why did you chose your Tucson's engine-type over the other? TIA.
    mine is Theta II

Reasons

- running budget (CRDI is more expensive than theta II)
    - city driving lang ako lagi, so hindi ko ma maximize yung power ng CRDI
    - sabi nila madumi talaga ang diesel fuel sa atin, i don't know of the latest technology like the v-power diesel and petron turbo
    diesel baka na improve na to
    - higher maintenance cost

honestly i don't know the reason why diesel engine is more expensive than the gas engine, considering diesel engine has a higher maintenance cost.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    We got the Theta II after I computed for fuel costs over some potential distances to be covered.
    Being conservative, we had the following assumptions:

Average fuel economy, predisposed more to city driving
    R-eVGT = 10 km/L
    Theta II = 5 km/L

Fuel costs
    Diesel = Php45/L
    unleaded = Php 55/L

Distances to cover:

a. 50,000 km
    b. 70,000 km

Scenario (a) - 50,000 km
    R-eVGT: (50,000 km) / (10 km/L) x (45 php/L) = 225,000 php
    Theta II: (50,000 km) / (5 km/L) x (55 php/L) = 550,000 php
    Difference: Php 325,000

Scenario (b) - 70,000 km
    R-eVGT: (70,000 km) / (10 km/L) x (45 php/L) = 315,000 php
    Theta II: (70,000 km) / (5 km/L) x (55 php/L) = 770,000 php
    Difference: Php 450,000

R-eVGT GLS = 1,698,000
    Theta II 2.0 GLS = 1,158,000.00
    Difference = Php 540,000

Since the Tucson we got was going to be more of a wife's car/secondary car, we estimate that we would take around 4-5 years to hit 50,000 km... possibly longer. With that, we feel that even with the higher fuel costs over the period, it's still less expensive overall to get the Tucson Theta II GLS 2.0 over the CRDi version. It'll take over 70,000 km for us to start getting a return on investment if we chose the R-eVGT over the Theta II, but we doubt we'd hit that mileage before thinking of selling it off. This is why we chose the Theta II instead. Note that we didn't even factor in PMS costs.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j*sh

honestly i don't know the reason why diesel engine is more expensive than the gas engine, considering diesel engine has a higher maintenance cost.
    It coud be due to the new technology added such as Turbo, etc, but not reallysure, why the diff is that high.. Is this the same on other markets or here only?

i got the diesel variant. but ive compared it with the 2.0 GLS GAS and the 2.0 GL diesel. ofcourse the GL CRDi is a bit stripped of feature with the GLS, but the differences are just the small things. the price difference is just 180,000. for me its justifiable

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wingeofus View Post
    based on your analysis sir starex, eh di same case din po with the hyundai tucson? Mas sulit parin if I will buy the theta ii because of the 300k price difference with crdi? Sorry ang daming ques ahh? Girl po kasi ako eh.. wala mashadong alam sa car. hehehe
    The sportage and tucson has the exact theta II engine, kaya tama kayo, pero correction on the price difference. Near 200K lang, 180K to be precise. Atsaka, you said something about fuel efficiency, base sa nabasa ko CDRi ang better fuel efficient but higher maintenance cost. We can't have everything daw kung SUV.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasVN View Post
    It coud be due to the new technology added such as Turbo, etc, but not reallysure, why the diff is that high.. Is this the same on other markets or here only?
    I think it's just supply and demand. There are a lot more gas engines than diesel being sold, so volume production cost is lower for gas engines. In addition, since there's fewer diesel engines, spare parts for maintenance are also fewer, thus the higher maintenance cost. That's why top euro-cars are expensive and maintenance is ridiculous.

Hyundai Tucson