New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    e modded naman pala eh. you can make a kia pride faster than an m3 in a straight line if you sink enough modifications into it

but give credit where it is due. looks like a nicely sorted out package, without any of the stupid riceboy crap

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The base Tibby costs about 1.2m (2 liter), the 2.7 V6 around 1.5 or so.

Mukhang maganda yung turbo conversion na yun... Probably around 300 hp or so (which might be enough to smoke an M3 in the somewhat lighter Tiburon). Mukhang slow yung launch technique ng M3 driver, but it's understandable... three "launches" (and the M3's computer records every instance that you do drop-clutch drag launches) and BMW voids your tranny warranty (supposedly).
    the M3 seemed to bog down off the line...maybe it was a manual, not SMG? the bmw obc does record engine rpm (including instances where redline is exceeded), but i am not sure how it could even record a 'drop clutch' launch. how would it define the parameters?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I've seen a number of supercharged Tiburons around here although I'd hesitate to say any of them are modded enough to beat an M3 or even a stock V8 Mustang (based from what I've seen one night).
    yup.it all depends on how much mods done to the car but you also have to figure out what kind of supercharger is being used and how to properly use it to your advantage.
    im running a centrifugal supercharger on my SUVa dn i would never beat a mustang or an M3 from a dead stop.theyll easily walk me from the get go and by the time my boost comes in..theyd be like 4-6 cars ahead but from a 40MPH roll..ill keep up with any stock V8 mustang and M3 and will actually walk them(tried it a few times with both cars vs my SUV).and im almost double their weight.5700LBS SUV vs 3500LBS cars
    reason is because of my type of supercharger(centrifugal) that doesnt gives me boost from a dead stop until i hit 3000RPM.
    centrifugal superchargers are good for mid to top end power unlike root andtwin screw that are made for low end power but deminishes as you get up to speed(thats more for the roots.)the twin screw has a more wider band of power destribution.(low to mid powerband.)

goin back to my last post...wrong link on the twin turbo,twin engine and twin tranny tiburon
    heres the link for the 600+HP tiburon doing donuts and a high 10sec run.>> http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....rm=tiburon&p=0

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    what is wrong with drop-clutch launch technique?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^stresses the drivetrain components.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee View Post
    im running a centrifugal supercharger on my SUVa dn i would never beat a mustang or an M3 from a dead stop.theyll easily walk me from the get go and by the time my boost comes in..theyd be like 4-6 cars ahead but from a 40MPH roll..ill keep up with any stock V8 mustang and M3 and will actually walk them(tried it a few times with both cars vs my SUV).and im almost double their weight.5700LBS SUV vs 3500LBS cars
    OT:
    I've seen a few pickup trucks similarly equipped. I was wondering why one such (old) GMC* pickup truck was able to tail me from 60 mph to about 120 mph. It wasn't until I went above 120 mph (back in NV's deserted roads) that I was able to shake him off.

On topic:

I have to wonder how much in mods+original car price it would've taken for that Tibbie to beat that M3.

I have to ask because the more expensive the mods and less return, the less fun it is.

*Early 90's flareside. Old but sharp and mean-looking
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 21st, 2007 at 09:46 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    e modded naman pala eh. you can make a kia pride faster than an m3 in a straight line if you sink enough modifications into it

but give credit where it is due. looks like a nicely sorted out package, without any of the stupid riceboy crap

the M3 seemed to bog down off the line...maybe it was a manual, not SMG? the bmw obc does record engine rpm (including instances where redline is exceeded), but i am not sure how it could even record a 'drop clutch' launch. how would it define the parameters?
    I have no idea. Possibly shown as high revs in neutral prior to tranny engagement. Heard this a looooong time ago, from another forum or maybe even one of the big three mags... in relation to some service warranty claim that an owner was trying to push onto BMW, which they denied because he romped on the car, which supposedly voids the drivetrain warranty.

Oh... looked it up... it's launch-mode on the SMG model pala... it records the number of uses, and if you use it too many times, it voids your warranty.

Yes, drop-clutch launches stress the drivetrain. And there are questions on how many the complex differential of the M3 can take.

IMHO, the M3 really isn't a stoplight racer anyway. It's better enjoyed as a plush canyon carver.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Hyundai Tiburon beating a BMW M3