New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Batenga View Post
    Thank you for those who react to my post. Actually, my Starex was on its 40K nung masira yung clutch. It was a sudden breakdown. Naputol yung mga springs sa loob. That was the report from the casa after it was repaired. If you will ask me about the maintenance history. Casa maintain po sya and suppose to be under warranty. Pero pinagbayad pa rin kami sa repair cost.

I also have a toyota revo 1.8Gas. 7 years old na pero no major breakdown whatsover.
    Sorry to hear about your Starex woes, Batenga. There's really bound to be a problematic unit here and there, and it's quite unfortunate that you got it. To each his own experience. I just hope casa has been able to correct the problem. Good luck.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Hassle nga na wala nang A/T option ang Jumbo. So now you've got to decide on the tranny as well as body size and configuration. Good luck.
    ganun ba? lucky me A/T yung jumbo nmin.. hehehe..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by space invader View Post
    ganun ba? lucky me A/T yung jumbo nmin.. hehehe..
    Ayowz! Lucky you

For our Tsikoteers interested in acquiring a Jumbo CRDi A/T:
    - How'd you get it?
    - When'd you get it?
    - From what dealer?
    - Indent order or regular order?

Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    i'm confused ito ba starex jumbo edtion yun starex pang-negosyo edition?
    Jumbo and PRO share the same body except for the tailgate. The Jumbo has the same equipment as your typical GRX shortie. The PRO edition has a different engine and has less equipment.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Jumbo and PRO share the same body except for the tailgate. The Jumbo has the same equipment as your typical GRX shortie. The PRO edition has a different engine and has less equipment.
    The PRO edition's engine is the older NA 2.6L engine vs. the Jumbo's 2.5L CRDi. The tailgate on the PRO edition is ref-type (2 door opening up to the sides). That on the Jumbo is the conventional 1 piece vertical type.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I was in Hyundai Pasig last Saturday, unfortunately they don't have a jumbo starex on display. I think they do it on special order now because there brochure says you have to wait for 2 months after you order before they deliver it to you. Anybody in this forum who knows where I can find a Starex Jumbo CRDi ? Or anybody has a picture of the jumbo? Specially the picture from the back showing the luggage area when all seats are upright. Thank you in advance.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    I was in Hyundai Pasig last Saturday, unfortunately they don't have a jumbo starex on display. I think they do it on special order now because there brochure says you have to wait for 2 months after you order before they deliver it to you. Anybody in this forum who knows where I can find a Starex Jumbo CRDi ? Or anybody has a picture of the jumbo? Specially the picture from the back showing the luggage area when all seats are upright. Thank you in advance.

even thou late reply na ako may jumbo crdi, post k uli if still interested

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I would like to revive this thread. I bought the jumbo starex that I was asking questions about 9 years ago.
    Its still with me and I have not experienced any breakdown with it. Its odometer has clocked less than 60,000kms.

A good friend of mine is planning a small business organizing photo tours and I promised to help him. The plan is to used the starex as the tour van.

My question is, how do I install a roof rack on a Jumbo Starex GRX? It does'nt have any roof rails. We will be needing a roof rack to maximize the passenger space of 12 seats during long distance travel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Hyundai Starex GRX CRDi Jumbo