New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    where can i see a jumbo starex? I leave in lower Antipolo very near Marikina.
    Wala kasing Hyundai dealer malapit sa amin. I want to see how big the cargo area is, with all the seats in the upright position. Is it as big as the grandia? I have seen some pictures of the grandia in this forum. Initially I was already inclined to buy the starex but when I saw the grandia pictures, parang nagdalawang isip uli ako, although I was disappointed that the 3rd row seats can't be folded. This april pa naman ako may planong bumili so Im not in a hurry. One thing that really attracted me to the starex is the huge difference in torque and horsepower which I think is very important when you do long drives. Importante din sa akin iyong maraming makaupo at the same time, maraming luggage space din. I think we will only be using the vehicle at most 2x a month, pag nag out of town trips lang ang pamilya.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    May Hyundai yata sa C5... pero Pasig area pa.

Quote Originally Posted by Batenga View Post
    Walang kwenta ang Starex. Mine, wala pang 3 yrs tumirik na. Sira ang clutch. Buti na lang at andito lang ako sa SLEX. Paano kung sa Baguio ka abutin?
    Was it sudden or gradual? Three years isn't so bad, depending on mileage. My bro broke the clutch on our Sentra in a month. ...but on a more serious note, the Crosswind clutch had to be replaced within a year, around 40,000 - 50,000 kilometers.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Batenga View Post
    Walang kwenta ang Starex. Mine, wala pang 3 yrs tumirik na. Sira ang clutch. Buti na lang at andito lang ako sa SLEX. Paano kung sa Baguio ka abutin?
    Wala namang clutch na bumibigay ng cold turkey. Parati iyang may signs (shudder, hesitation, etc.) at least one month before it goes. Only problem is dapat masalo mo ang mga signs na ito for a correct diagnosis. Yung Kia ko dati 2 years pa lang, sumusuko na nag clutch. Pero hindi na napagawa kasi nabenta din (the next owner took care of it).

Plus a failed clutch is not really the end of the world. It's just a 5 hour job basta marunong ang gagawa.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Automahn View Post
    Natignan na namin yung Jumbo sa dealer nung July pa. Ok sana siya kaso wala nang A/T option. Sana niretain ng HARI yun kahit by order basis lang. Di kasi kami nagdadriver, kami ni Erpats ang naghahalinhinan sa pagmamaneho.
    Hassle nga na wala nang A/T option ang Jumbo. So now you've got to decide on the tranny as well as body size and configuration. Good luck.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    where can i see a jumbo starex? I leave in lower Antipolo very near Marikina.
    Wala kasing Hyundai dealer malapit sa amin. I want to see how big the cargo area is, with all the seats in the upright position. Is it as big as the grandia? I have seen some pictures of the grandia in this forum. Initially I was already inclined to buy the starex but when I saw the grandia pictures, parang nagdalawang isip uli ako, although I was disappointed that the 3rd row seats can't be folded. This april pa naman ako may planong bumili so Im not in a hurry. One thing that really attracted me to the starex is the huge difference in torque and horsepower which I think is very important when you do long drives. Importante din sa akin iyong maraming makaupo at the same time, maraming luggage space din. I think we will only be using the vehicle at most 2x a month, pag nag out of town trips lang ang pamilya.
    There's really a big discrepancy in power and torque with the Grandia and Starex. The transmission won't play too big a factor here, coz the Grandia and Jumbo are both manual. I find the Starex's seats to be quite comfy on long rides. Haven't gotten to ride a moving Grandia yet, but then the seats seem to be ok. I think the Grandia has a little more cargo room with all seats down, as compared to the Jumbo, but then the Jumbo is more flexible with a folding last row. Best to test ride each of them to be sure.

Here's a list of Hyundai and Toyota dealers. Hope it helps in your quest for a showroom nearby
    http://www.myhyundai.com.ph/contact/contact_dealers.htm
    http://www.toyota.com.ph/dealers/index.asp

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post

Here's a list of Hyundai and Toyota dealers. Hope it helps in your quest for a showroom nearby
    http://www.myhyundai.com.ph/contact/contact_dealers.htm
    http://www.toyota.com.ph/dealers/index.asp
    Thanks, Hyundai Pasig is not too far. I will probably visit it before the week is over. This is also the first time that I will be driving a huge van, I hope that it is not much different than driving a car. one question, I have not driven a korean car for a long time. I used to have a Kia pride way back 1991 but never considered buying another Korean car because the build quality was not impressive. In fact, I broke the window opening lever the very day the unit was delivered to me. It was replaced free of charge but it irritated me alot because I have to bring it back to the casa and I waited for half a day for them to replace the unit ( they don't have it in stock). I stuck with toyota's eversince. But lately I have notice that korean cars have become very "pogi". specially the Tucson and the Sta. Fe, Is hyundai's built quality now as good as a toyota? Meaning including the small things, the squeaks, rattles, the handles, etc.. I own an altis and a rav4. Both of them, I am very satisfied. But I have 2 very special reason why I am considering the starex. the first one is the engine of the starex is much more powerful, the second is the engine is in front, not in the middle of the seat which make it easier to check the engine. Price difference between the starex and the grandia is not an important consideration to me. What is important is the seating capacity of the van, the passenger comfort, luggage space and fun to drive because I am going to drive it myself.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not having any major issues with the Koreans. Even when compared to the Japs and Euros.

However, I've noticed that it may still be a matter of perception. To some people, when something goes wrong with a Toyota, the matter tends to get downplayed: "Talagang ganyan, minsan may nasisira.".

But when something breaks on the Hyundai: "P*tang ina, Korean car kasi!" :lol:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    i'm confused ito ba starex jumbo edtion yun starex pang-negosyo edition?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    i'm confused ito ba starex jumbo edtion yun starex pang-negosyo edition?
    Hindi po. Although they may have the same LWB body, the Pang-Negosyo edition is a barebones model.

Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    Thanks, Hyundai Pasig is not too far. I will probably visit it before the week is over. This is also the first time that I will be driving a huge van, I hope that it is not much different than driving a car. one question, I have not driven a korean car for a long time. I used to have a Kia pride way back 1991 but never considered buying another Korean car because the build quality was not impressive. In fact, I broke the window opening lever the very day the unit was delivered to me. It was replaced free of charge but it irritated me alot because I have to bring it back to the casa and I waited for half a day for them to replace the unit ( they don't have it in stock). I stuck with toyota's eversince. But lately I have notice that korean cars have become very "pogi". specially the Tucson and the Sta. Fe, Is hyundai's built quality now as good as a toyota? Meaning including the small things, the squeaks, rattles, the handles, etc.. I own an altis and a rav4. Both of them, I am very satisfied. But I have 2 very special reason why I am considering the starex. the first one is the engine of the starex is much more powerful, the second is the engine is in front, not in the middle of the seat which make it easier to check the engine. Price difference between the starex and the grandia is not an important consideration to me. What is important is the seating capacity of the van, the passenger comfort, luggage space and fun to drive because I am going to drive it myself.
    Hmm... the driving experience between a Starex and the Altis and RAV4 that you drive on a regular basis is quite different. The Starex, although more car-like compared to other bread vans, Hiace included, is still much bigger and longer than your 2 rides. It will take some getting used to, especially since it's wider, and you don't see where its front begins. But then, as to how different this is and how much getting used to you need, I leave that up to you. Test ride and test drive it to get a feel of what you're buying Korean quality has improved a lot from the days of the Kia Pride. To find out how these are performing, visit the other threads on Tsikot with feedback from Korean vehicle owners.

Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    I'm not having any major issues with the Koreans. Even when compared to the Japs and Euros.

However, I've noticed that it may still be a matter of perception. To some people, when something goes wrong with a Toyota, the matter tends to get downplayed: "Talagang ganyan, minsan may nasisira.".

But when something breaks on the Hyundai: "P*tang ina, Korean car kasi!" :lol:
    That's unfortunate for the Koreans. But I also subscribe to "Talagang ganyan, minsan may nasisira." Whether Jap, Korean, American or even Euro, the durability of a vehicle will also depend on how much TLC you give it.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thank you for those who react to my post. Actually, my Starex was on its 40K nung masira yung clutch. It was a sudden breakdown. Naputol yung mga springs sa loob. That was the report from the casa after it was repaired. If you will ask me about the maintenance history. Casa maintain po sya and suppose to be under warranty. Pero pinagbayad pa rin kami sa repair cost.

I also have a toyota revo 1.8Gas. 7 years old na pero no major breakdown whatsover.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Hyundai Starex GRX CRDi Jumbo