New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    kung space talaga habol mo pero you need the advantage of the 4wd, starex 4x4 ka...otherwise, sorrento ka...di naman magkakalayo rice ng 2...un nga lang, indent ang 4x4 starex compared sa sorrento...kung sorrento TLX, gray import na yan, ex lang dito sa atin,e...

indent order naman un,e..pwede naman siguro isama mo na gusto mong extras: 7-seats, sunroof, club version, auto climate, basta except ung stereo, mas madami kasing masmagandang head-unit na aftermarket,e...pero ok din may kasama nang stereo,e...or dealer nalang ka magpakabit....

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    We are also looking for a family van. Ang options ko rin ay starex 12 seater or grandia or commuter. Mostly the van is intended for out of town trips ng family namin I have my car for city driving. We expect 2 families to ride in 1 van para makatipid sa gas and mas masaya , so the more seats, the better, also because its a long trip, I expect a lot of luggage space requirements as well. Compared to the traditional GRX, Is the backspace of the Jumbo the same? How about the Grandia, Is the back space as big as the regular starex? A roof rack is not an option because I dont want to go up and down the van to haul the coolers and bags. I am also considering buying a hiace commuter (15 seater) and permanently remove the last row.In this case I still have 12 seats and acceptable luggage space, ang problema ko, baka di naman comfortable ang seats ng commuter pag long drive. I would appreciate any comments from you guys.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wouldn't even consider getting that commuter. With it's rock hard bench seats, bare steel interior, steel rims and lawanit panels! Grabe ang presyo ng Toyota para dito.

The Grandia is not very luggage flexible since the seats don't fold and there's not much room behind the last row. Either kandungin mo ang baggage or get a trailer. hehehe.

The Starex also does not have much room in the back. AFAIK, a big cooler will not fit with the last row upright. But for smaller pieces, you can stuff them under the last row seats. The Jumbo has a bubble top and is longer than the 9-seater. The seats are a bit different also

The Nissan Urvan Grand Estate Php1.25M now is also a nice van. Just get one with the folding rear seats. It has a non turbo version of the Patrol engine. Still good for around 105bhp. Of course, the Starex's 145bhp mill easily outguns it.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Automahn View Post
    1 seafood cooler, mini-maletas (like the Samsonite/Echolac stroller luggages), bags w/ 2 days worth of clothing, occasionally a small sack of rice & the groceries ++. We travel 2-3 times a month to the province.

We won't use the 4th row that often, we're actually after the additional cargo space available in the Jumbo with the last row folded.

Knee & leg room are not much of a problem to us as most of us in the family are on the petite side.

sir kung d nman po problem yung legroom sa inyo mas bagay na tlaga yung Jumbo. yun lang kc ang problema sa Jumbo e, yung legroom hindi ganung kalaki kumpara sa 9-seater. Sir try nyo po bumisita sa mga dealer para ma subukan nyo kung ok yung space ng Jumbo

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    i drive a starex 2002 jumbo, hehehe.. advantage para sa amin when going to the province eh mas marami ang baggage na nakakarga namin.. we have to fold the last row seat para magkasya lalo yung gamit nmin.. as for leg room, the 2nd and 3rd row, pwede nman ma-adjust yung legroom nya but tlagang mas masikip compared sa 9 seater starex, actually kung marami kayo, alanganin yung space ng cargo sa likod, kse maliit nlng yung space ng cargo sa likod..

problem ko lang sa jumbo is when im using when going around the metro, masyado malaki, it took me some time to practice how to park it properly kse minsan talaga alanganin yung parking space especially sa mga ibang lugar na maliit yung parking space and yung mga kalsadang masisikip.. but we are satisfied sa starex nmin.. ok na ok pambiyahe!

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    isnt there a long wheelbase version of the starex with the 9 seater configurations? i know i have seen one, maybe it was from the gray market... but with 2 rows of seats plus the extra length, its very roomy inside...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i also think that the LWB 9-seater is a gray market import, or perhaps originally a Jumbo converted to a 9-seater. although i would tend to believe the former as there are actually more configuration options for the Starex in Korea.

anyhow, the Jumbo with the last row up will be able to load 9 people and more cargo (depending on cargo dimensions, of course) than a 9 seater with all the seats down. of course, the 9 seater will have more knee and legroom as against a Jumbo. but if this is not a problem then go for the Jumbo. best alternative would be to visit the showroom and have a test ride in both.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Walang kwenta ang Starex. Mine, wala pang 3 yrs tumirik na. Sira ang clutch. Buti na lang at andito lang ako sa SLEX. Paano kung sa Baguio ka abutin?

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    batenga i feel sori for you and your starex.. mind is a 2001 model,had it since dec 02. has traveled to mindanao and back 3 times, once to iloilo and 3 times to vigan once to aurora baller and more than enough times to baguio.. and its still alive and well. i havnt even changed the transmission oil and diff oil since we bought it, still has the stock clutch, only thngs ive changed is the timing belts, and water pump.. the aircon is still untouched,,, so i guess my opinio totally differs to yours......

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by lui View Post
    sir kung d nman po problem yung legroom sa inyo mas bagay na tlaga yung Jumbo. yun lang kc ang problema sa Jumbo e, yung legroom hindi ganung kalaki kumpara sa 9-seater. Sir try nyo po bumisita sa mga dealer para ma subukan nyo kung ok yung space ng Jumbo
    Natignan na namin yung Jumbo sa dealer nung July pa. Ok sana siya kaso wala nang A/T option. Sana niretain ng HARI yun kahit by order basis lang. Di kasi kami nagdadriver, kami ni Erpats ang naghahalinhinan sa pagmamaneho.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Hyundai Starex GRX CRDi Jumbo