New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    vinj,
    i tend to agree with mbt. the sedona, though more expensive, is more carlike, powerful and easier to drive (IMO again) coz it feels like a slightly bigger car, unlike the starex which feels bulkier and heavier.

however, in terms of flexibility and perhaps loading capacity, i'd side with the starex. the sedona, with all its amenities can't be used too much for those instant side trips wherein large or a lot of load needs to be transported, unless of course you remove the seats. the starex, on the other hand, whose 3rd row folds to the side and up, and whose 2nd row swivels to the rear of the 1st row, has that much space instantly.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys thanks alot on the inputs. Im now convince to get a Starex. One more thing, ok ba ang AUTOMATIC ?? Now my options are AT or MT ?? Pa assist uli guys, first time ko lang to get a VAN eh. thanks :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, Starex vans are not famous for its AT trannys. Sayang yung power ng makina lalo na mahina pa po ito. Better get the MT version to achieve the engine's real output. I have a friend that got the AT which he was saying that its easy to drive for city only, it lacks the downshift power when overtaking on straight highways. :idea:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2insure,
    yung sa min, parehong AT coz my dad and i occasionally drive them. it's quite sluggish, with the 2.6L NA diesel engine and big body, but you get used to it. great during traffic, and since it's a diesel, it's not as expensive as a gas AT.2insure,
    yung sa min, parehong AT coz my dad and i occasionally drive them. it's quite sluggish, with the 2.6L NA diesel engine and big body, but you get used to it. great during traffic, and since it's a diesel, it's not as expensive as a gas AT. since you're getting the new 2.5L TDIC or the CRDi engine, power is bound to be plentiful compared to what we have. gotten to drive an AT TDIC, acceleration is much better.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the inputs peeps... been doing some number crunching and it looks like we're leaning towards the Toyota Grandia. It's a bit pricier but it'll hold it's value much longer.

I've driven the Sedona already and the Starex, mas maganda nga perf ng Sedona. The matic version has some turbo lag from standstill but once it runs... ayus na.

On matic and manual, if it were my choice i'd get a manual. However, consider who'll be drivng the car and where will you be driving the car more often as part of your criteria for a slushbox or shiftbox.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    all i can say about the starex is that it is a great people carrier.

performance figures are not exceptional at all. but the starex wasn't made to blaze through roads naman, diba?

amenities are one of the best among vans available here. only the nissan serena has more creature comforts.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2insure,

bilhin mo nalng starex namin! :o alaga sobra! 9-seater TDIC manual, color black pa
    change oil every 5000 kms! kaga-change oil lng namin recently.

tapos yng bulok na mga korean tires pinalit na namin sa dunlop..

PM me or look at the thread sa CAR EXCHANGE :mrgreen:

and dont get automatic..basta diesel wag auto..tried and tested na, parang kailangan mo pilitin yung car para lng umandar..masama pa naman pilitin ang diesel

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think diesels (especially the more recent designs) are usually a better match for automatics kasi low-down at malakas ang torque, like a large displacement gas engine... less likely for the auto to be hunting or to be in an inappropriate gear.

yung hindi bagay sa matic yung mga high strung gas engines...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    May nakita na ba kayong pinormahan na Starex? As in tipong expedition ang dating(Bumper/skirt/etc/lowered)?

I'm thinking of getting myself a Starex also kaya lang parang walang gaanong choice sa mods. Gusto ko sana Expedition kasi marami ako nakikita dito na tipong lowered and magaganda kaya lang mataas masyado budget.

Thanks

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Check it out!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Hyundai Starex