New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You'd be surprised.

The Veloster isn't classically pretty in the sense that a Jaguar E-Type or Datsun 240Z is pretty... but it's not exactly Quasimodo-esque, like the Pontiac Aztek or the Ssangyong Actyon (the latter of which I at least find interesting).

Instead, it's striking. While I don't like the cheeky foglight design, Hyundai's new corporate look is aggressive, striking and unusual... which makes it attractive to those who want to stand out. The Veloster's body is also quite unusual, but at least it's not like the MINI Clubman, which tries to stretch the Cooper shape into something it's not. The Veloster simply presents itself as the Veloster, and nothing else is quite like it.

I was also quite hesitant about the MINI Countryman, because that looks weird in pictures, but in person, the looks also work, and it's a pretty unique and attractive car (just don't go for the overwrought S variant).

This is an unusual time in the automotive industry. We're changing the shape and future of cars. Look at cars like the Cube, the Jazz and the Soul. Very different from what you might have seen decades ago. Now, with cars like the Countryman, the Veloster and ASX, the look of cars is changing further still.

While 1.5m is a questionable value for the base 1.6... even if it has a DCT, if they bring it in at a price similar to TOTL 2.0 sedans, it should sell. I've seen a few on the road, and they certainly are eye-catching.

(So sue me... I like weird cars. )

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Overall shape is nice. I like the weird doors. Front end is ok, only minus points for me is sawang sawa na ako sa design language ng Hyundai. It's the back that I dislike.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    why would anyone pay 1.5M for something that UGLY! even a guy on drugs will find that nose painfully over-dressed and, well, just plain UGLY!

common guys, stop being gentlemen and say the truth. it's UGLY! sa tagalog, PANGET!

i've seen fish in munoz market much better looking than that!
    Yebo baka style mo lang yan ha?
    Baka naka pila ka narin to get one

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by trackers888 View Post
    Yebo baka style mo lang yan ha?
    Baka naka pila ka narin to get one
    hindi po hehehe! i have nothing against hyundai, i have a gen 2 santa fe and a grand starex. magaganda mga yun e. kahit naman sino tanungin mo, kahit na siguro agents ng ibang car brands sasabihin nila na maganda ang santa fe at grand starex. kahit saan tignan, sa biglang tingin man o matagalan ay talagang maganda.

ang ibang kotse 'di ba ay ganun din. dapat love at first sight ka, bago mo pa man tignan ang specs e love mo na siya. unang kita mo pa lang sa montero sports, fortuner, sorento, CX7/CX9, M-class o cayenne (depende sa bulsa din kasi ang tibok ng puso!) sasabihin mo na "yan ang kotse ko!" o di ba, wala nang dapat pa na titignan ng matagal o pipilitin pa.

pero yang veloster, kung baga sa babae yan ang bakla. sabi nga ng isa, "it grows on you" daw. e di ba ganun na nga yun, nadedevelop sa bakla.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    hindi po hehehe! i have nothing against hyundai, i have a gen 2 santa fe and a grand starex. magaganda mga yun e. kahit naman sino tanungin mo, kahit na siguro agents ng ibang car brands sasabihin nila na maganda ang santa fe at grand starex. kahit saan tignan, sa biglang tingin man o matagalan ay talagang maganda.

ang ibang kotse 'di ba ay ganun din. dapat love at first sight ka, bago mo pa man tignan ang specs e love mo na siya. unang kita mo pa lang sa montero sports, fortuner, sorento, CX7/CX9, M-class o cayenne (depende sa bulsa din kasi ang tibok ng puso!) sasabihin mo na "yan ang kotse ko!" o di ba, wala nang dapat pa na titignan ng matagal o pipilitin pa.

pero yang veloster, kung baga sa babae yan ang bakla. sabi nga ng isa, "it grows on you" daw. e di ba ganun na nga yun, nadedevelop sa bakla.
    Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.... kung hindi siya appealing sayo, wala tayo magawa dyan. Pero huwag naman sana icompare siya sa kung anu ano.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    why not?

the 2011 honda civic had been described as "palakang nakangiti" or "flattened frog". it is the #1 most hated car according to one survey (as posted here in tsikot).

the early honda city was an "ice shaver" and "can't tell if it is going forward or back".

the sangyong rhodius had been described as "a hearst even the dead won't be caught dead in."

even our favorite, the santa fe, had an older 1st gen sibling that was described as "having a face only its mother could love". and yes, the 1st gen santa fe was UGLY.

Etc. etc. etc.

so what is so special with this veloster? is it immune from criticism? someone's special child?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    why not?

the 2011 honda civic had been described as "palakang nakangiti" or "flattened frog". it is the #1 most hated car according to one survey (as posted here in tsikot).

the early honda city was an "ice shaver" and "can't tell if it is going forward or back".

the sangyong rhodius had been described as "a hearst even the dead won't be caught dead in."

even our favorite, the santa fe, had an older 1st gen sibling that was described as "having a face only its mother could love". and yes, the 1st gen santa fe was UGLY.

Etc. etc. etc.

so what is so special with this veloster? is it immune from criticism? someone's special child?

Tucson IX...rubbershoes na bitin, I owned one.....

Veloster.....UGLY than fish in Munoz.......... I am eyeing to get one too...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Iba ka talaga bro Pajoz, bigtime!

Ayaw mo ng toy car? Erm. Genesis Coupe? Hehehe!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Iba ka talaga bro Pajoz, bigtime!

Ayaw mo ng toy car? Erm. Genesis Coupe? Hehehe!
    bro renzo... actually dito ko plano kumuha, mahal GC dito.

malay mo dyan sa pinas yung GC..hehehee jk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
"Hyundai rouses a rabid riot with the 2013 Veloster Turbo"