New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I'm sure Hyundai will be sharing these engines with KIA too. Saw this news http://kia-buzz.com/?p=648. It shows that 2.0 CRDI engine can even be tweaked to give a HP output of 200hp and maximum torque of 400Nm. I believe that the Korean diesel technology beats that of the japanese.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    it already has beaten japs. they don't even intend to beat the japs but the euro's. what's lacking in hyundai's repertoire is a real supercar. now that would be something
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    no doubt that Hyundai and Kia has improved much over the years... but don't get hyped up too much just yet. the Japanese already have 2.2li turbo diesel( COmmon rail injection) that pumps out 185hp for the Mazda and 181hp for the Toyota D4D. but its Europe only. for now all of these are just Hyundai/Kia R&D announcements and no actual product out in the market yet. so might as well say marketing propaganda? the only reason u guys are thinking like that is because the Japanese car manufacturers havent' released them other than Europe. and the don't even think about Kia Cee'd 2.0li CRDi with 200hp. these are Modified for Race conditions.... not for real world use. meaning if it's turbo'd to an inch of its life, these things will not last very long.

but then again Kudo's to Hyundai for selling the 2.2li 150hp CRDi in the Santa Fe. hopefully they are successful with the more powerful version and should hit our shores soon. i think the most realistic one we will see on the market is the Kia Sorrento 2 (based on Santa Fe II Chassis/ Mechanicals) with updated 2.2li CrDi now pumping a healthy 181hp.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    PHDM sucks!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Sir "ParakitoJDM":

2010 KIA Sorento III, just like the next 2010 SF will have 2.2L 215ps/461Nm. Having 185hp would be pointless especially with Sorento since it already has that power with the current CRDI VGT version (now on sale locally). Current SF though, can be chipped and produce well over 185hp.

for sure, the japanese would've caught up by then though. The only problem is, because of weak consumer laws here, they see us a dumping market for crap products aided by the BLIND & BRAINLESS loyalty of most.
    Last edited by Horsepower; December 14th, 2008 at 01:54 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    for sure, the japanese would've caught up by then though. The only problem is, because of weak consumer laws here, they see us a dumping market for crap products aided by the BLIND & BRAINLESS loyalty of most.
    PHDM Sucks!

Totally agree! That's why a lot of dealers of Jap cars here are selling only the un-high-tech cars. I for one was surprised by the equipment put into cars that we know as surplus from Japan. And also the same reason why we still see non common-rail diesel engines, 8 valves, SOHCs, and what else on brand-new cars. We have a horrible tech-deprived car market.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Sir "ParakitoJDM":

2010 KIA Sorento III, just like the next 2010 SF will have 2.2L 215ps/461Nm. Having 185hp would be pointless especially with Sorento since it already has that power with the current CRDI VGT version (now on sale locally). Current SF though, can be chipped and produce well over 185hp.

ser "Horsepower", Catalog specs as well as Baseline Dyno testing of local Santa Fe proves little to doubt about the claimed Catalog Spec of 150hp. i don't know where u get that current local on sale SFII is already pumping out 185hp. even Hyundai/Kia UK doesn't claim that.
    anyway madami kasing conflicting results of the power output of the next car...

eg.
    1. AutoExpress reported a few months back na 180+hp for the 2.2li. for the next Sorento.

2. Truck Trend (under MotorTrend) says its 200hp. and this other site
    http://www.trucktrend.com/features/n...oms/index.html

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/11...etails-on.html

anyway, the lowest power-bump denomination is still 180+ hp. so can't complain though. for sure off-boost power nito is non-overwhelming as expected of small displacement and low compression ratio engines... but once its on boost, i'm sure there will be pretty wide smiles all over.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    He's saying it can be chipped for that much horsepower... not that it makes it already. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    He's saying it can be chipped for that much horsepower... not that it makes it already. ;)
    now that makes sense... but problems are:

1. not everyone is willing to risk losing warranty by changing/modify ECU.
    2. not everyone have deep enough pocket like Docxxx to modify their cars.

most (about 80% of the population or more) just like them stock. haha.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    now that makes sense... but problems are:

1. not everyone is willing to risk losing warranty by changing/modify ECU.
    2. not everyone have deep enough pocket like Docxxx to modify their cars.

most (about 80% of the population or more) just like them stock. haha.
    I for myself like it stock,.,.,., just a little mods. will do like rear spoiler,stepboard,"hid lights?(maybe)"

but the ENGINE? I'd rather leave it as it is,.,..,tao naman ang sakay ko eh hindi naman mga bakal:car::naughty2: hehehe

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Hyundai R-Engine CRDI E-VGT 2.0 & 2.2L makes 200PS/436Nm