New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Mas mura TOTL Staria vs gray market. Around 3.3M++ mga gray units.

Sana same specs
    Staria TOTL variant has the same specs with the gray market units. Though the ones that are priced at 3.3M by the gray market dealers do not have dual sunroof and the Bose 12 speaker sound system. The HMPH Staria Premium varianr comes with both the dual sunroof and the Bose 12 speaker system.

We're actually planning to buy one by early next year to replace our aging gray market Grand Starex.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i heard that hyundai sales plummeted, as a result of corporate changes.
    have the sales figures improved already?
    Possibly doc. I already saw some all new Tucsons on the road sporting the dealer plates of Hyundai dealers. HMPH and their entire vehicle line up just officially launched last week. I heard that the unit allocations for our market started to arrive back in end July.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    HMPH is a lot better than HARI in pricing and specing their vehicle line up IMO. The Tucson's local market competitors that have ADAS are already the 2M price range. Based on the pricing strategy of HMPH, if they will add a new variant of the Tucson that comes with Hyundai Smartsense, possible price range would be around 2M, still undercutting its competitors.
    Well not really, the Ford Territory has complete ADAS at 1.3M. lol

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Well not really, the Ford Territory has complete ADAS at 1.3M. lol
    They're not in the same league to be honest.

The Territory uses a smaller engine and takes advantage of the ASEAN-China Free Trade Agreement tax perks on 1.5L engines that's why it's priced very low compared to other crossovers.

The Tucson doesn't have the same tax perks advantage of the Territory which is why it's priced like that. But if we compare the price of the Tucson with the no ADAS variants of its Japanese competitors, it's priced competitively.

My question to you, would you get the cheaper Chinese made Territory which according to some posts in the Ford Territory Club Phils FB page, has issues with some electrical components like its touchscreen infotainment, TPMS and 360 degree camera, and issues with the transmission; or would you get the more expensive but already proven to be reliable Korean made Tucson?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    They're not in the same league to be honest.

The Territory uses a smaller engine and takes advantage of the ASEAN-China Free Trade Agreement tax perks on 1.5L engines that's why it's priced very low compared to other crossovers.

The Tucson doesn't have the same tax perks advantage of the Territory which is why it's priced like that. But if we compare the price of the Tucson with the no ADAS variants of its Japanese competitors, it's priced competitively.

My question to you, would you get the cheaper Chinese made Territory which according to some posts in the Ford Territory Club Phils FB page, has issues with some electrical components like its touchscreen infotainment, TPMS and 360 degree camera, and issues with the transmission; or would you get the more expensive but already proven to be reliable Korean made Tucson?

I'd still get the Territory in a heartbeat. 1.3M vs the projected 2M for the variant with the ADAS. 700K difference for basically same segment cars.

It's like the Subaru pricing with their 2M XV. Lols

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    The price difference between a Territory and Tucson is pretty massive.
    Resale value of the Territory will be worse on a percentage basis though.

We were looking at a Territory, CX-5, and a Tucson and its hard to argue against the price of a Territory.

Actually the Tucson has an advantage of being a diesel at 1.84

The thing about Subaru pricing is that they offer massive discounts

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    I'd still get the Territory in a heartbeat. 1.3M vs the projected 2M for the variant with the ADAS. 700K difference for basically same segment cars.

It's like the Subaru pricing with their 2M XV. Lols
    Olats pricing ng tucson pag ganyan.. abang na lang sa 2nd hand market.. hehe

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    The thing about Subaru pricing is that they offer massive discounts
    Haven't been to Subaru showroom in a while. How massive is massive? Let's say the XV is quoted at 2M, how much will you pay to get one out the door?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    For me, I'd get the Tucson even if it's more expensive. I'd rather have peace of mind than having my car brought to the casa often due to issues I'll encounter.

My wife and I considered the Territory last year, but after we read the various issues at the FB page of the Territory club, we became skeptical. Our skepticism were validated when a friend of mine who owns a Territory had the transmission replaced after a year of ownership.

The Territory is a good car, don't get me wrong. But we can't ignore the fact that a significant number of owners are experiencing various issues with the car.

Guys, we are talking about how the Tucson is priced vs. its Japanese competitors. Di ko sinama ang Territory because it's another story. HMPH has indeed priced it competitively vs. the no ADAS variants of the CR-V, Forester, pre Hybrid Rav4 and CX-5.

Dunno why someone here suddenly inserted the Territory into the equation when I'm talking about the Tucson being priced competitively vs the Japanese competitors.

Last edited by numbah5; August 23rd, 2022 at 11:52 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post

Dunno why someone here suddenly inserted the Territory into the equation when I'm talking about the Tucson being priced competitively vs the Japanese competitors.

it's a public forum, kasi.
    anyone with an axe to grind, or a bench to lift, may do so.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Hyundai Philippines