New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Hype na hype dati ang Reina at Soluto, discontinued na pala hahaha. Kawawa nanaman mga nakabili.
    FR? hahaha.

I think Hyundai will just be selling trucks. They can avoid selling stability control there

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    FR? hahaha.

I think Hyundai will just be selling trucks. They can avoid selling stability control there
    The Sonata is getting discontinued na din daw globally in favor of EVs and SUVs. Saw an article somewhere.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    at this point in time dapat nga mayaman to make EVs "work" here. #1 na would be the cost of electricity dito sa atin and infrastucture. consumer end, i don't even know kung mayroon din pa incentive much less subsidy ang gov't?
    I actually did the math on this back when diesel as P46/li. Even with our high electricity costs it's still cheaper to use an EV.

A Tesla Model S's running cost comes to about P2/km even in city driving.

For internal combustion if we assume P70/li and 15km/li then the cost is about P4.60/km

Even if fuel goes down to P35/li (P2.30/km) mas mura pa din to run an EV, and this is assuming really good fuel economy numbers that will be unrealistic for most cars in city driving, and you usually have to add P1/km cost to gas/diesel cars because of the regular oil change (assuming P5000 for oil, oil and fuel filter, and labor every 5000km).

The big equalizer I guess is battery replacement. As of now $20k daw to replace a Tesla battery. That means you'll have to save at least P1M in overall running costs to make it worthwhile, and makes it super scary to buy a used EV coz you might be in for a very expensive service.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    imbis na bisikleta,
    solar panel ang ilagay sa bubong.
    heh heh.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    I actually did the math on this back when diesel as P46/li. Even with our high electricity costs it's still cheaper to use an EV.

A Tesla Model S's running cost comes to about P2/km even in city driving.

For internal combustion if we assume P70/li and 15km/li then the cost is about P4.60/km

Even if fuel goes down to P35/li (P2.30/km) mas mura pa din to run an EV, and this is assuming really good fuel economy numbers that will be unrealistic for most cars in city driving, and you usually have to add P1/km cost to gas/diesel cars because of the regular oil change (assuming P5000 for oil, oil and fuel filter, and labor every 5000km).

The big equalizer I guess is battery replacement. As of now $20k daw to replace a Tesla battery. That means you'll have to save at least P1M in overall running costs to make it worthwhile, and makes it super scary to buy a used EV coz you might be in for a very expensive service.
    how much does it figure in pesos for an owner to charge a tesla to full capacity in our setting?
    Last edited by babkalakal; May 25th, 2022 at 08:05 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    IMO, if you're looking at an electric car right now, you're not one of those guys who should be worrying about battery replacement...

Sana lang local EV dealers has a plan to get rid/recycle their cars after 5-10 years.

Not only is it cheaper to use an EV

You need fewer PMS (less moving parts)
    Full tank ka every morning, so you don't need to stop at the fuel station
    No need to think twice when keeping the A/C on while the car isn't moving

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    IMO, if you're looking at an electric car right now, you're not one of those guys who should be worrying about battery replacement...

Sana lang local EV dealers has a plan to get rid/recycle their cars after 5-10 years.

Not only is it cheaper to use an EV

You need fewer PMS (less moving parts)
    Full tank ka every morning, so you don't need to stop at the fuel station
    No need to think twice when keeping the A/C on while the car isn't moving
    wow never thoughy of this really but you guys are correct. had a chat with a cousin who lives in L.A. mayroon siyang accord coupe v6 at tesla 3. way cheaper ang operating costs ng tesla. so far ang na gagastos niya lang ay tires and cabin filter aside siyempre of course sa kuyente.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    wow never thoughy of this really but you guys are correct. had a chat with a cousin who lives in L.A. mayroon siyang accord coupe v6 at tesla 3. way cheaper ang operating costs ng tesla. so far ang na gagastos niya lang ay tires and cabin filter aside siyempre of course sa kuyente.
    Given the high cost of EV here, still the thinking of the buyer is that how long before I can realize the savings of owning an EV vs Gas vehicle?
    If aabot pa naman ng 15 yrs before mo ma break-even yung cost ng vehicle, people will stay away muna of owning an EV.
    Marami pang mangyari sa 15 yrs, by that time outdated na auto mo.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    Given the high cost of EV here, still the thinking of the buyer is that how long before I can realize the savings of owning an EV vs Gas vehicle?
    If aabot pa naman ng 15 yrs before mo ma break-even yung cost ng vehicle, people will stay away muna of owning an EV.
    Marami pang mangyari sa 15 yrs, by that time outdated na auto mo.
    yun nga explanation ng colleague ko from China.

Its not the "break-even point"

Its how it fits your lifestyle.

In his case, he charges every 2-3 nights and he doesn't need to go to a petrol station (except when his tires needs air)

No need to replace the battery every 2 years. No need to worry about security guards asking you to turn off the engine/aircon when eating/relaxing inside the car.

Pero when he needs to leave the city, since ayaw nya magcharge sa house ng parents nya, he rents a car.

I'm not in the market for an EV right now, I guess 17 years pa.

Pero will definitely get a hybrid this year.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    yun nga explanation ng colleague ko from China.

Its not the "break-even point"

Its how it fits your lifestyle.

In his case, he charges every 2-3 nights and he doesn't need to go to a petrol station (except when his tires needs air)

No need to replace the battery every 2 years. No need to worry about security guards asking you to turn off the engine/aircon when eating/relaxing inside the car.

Pero when he needs to leave the city, since ayaw nya magcharge sa house ng parents nya, he rents a car.

I'm not in the market for an EV right now, I guess 17 years pa.

Pero will definitely get a hybrid this year.
    Regarding the battery part, I viewed the Nissan Leaf last weekend.
    Mayron pa rin battery yung car (same battery ng gas engine).
    So I think need ka pa din mag replace every 3 to 5 yrs sa battery nito.
    Nagtaka nga ako why need pa ding nung battery na yun eh hindi ba kaya ng main EV battery yung pag support ng ignition at autolock feature ng auto?
    Hindi masyado knowledgeable yung naka assign, from DOE kasi sila, nandun lang sila sa mall to promote/educate public ways of saving energy.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Hyundai Philippines