New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Hi guys, we're getting a Dark Knight Kona next week, medyo attractive kasi yung discount which puts the price closer to repo bank units na dapat kukunin namin.

Mas ok ba na hayaan na lang ikabit yung free seat covers, di kaya mag interfere sa side airbags?

Sent from my H8266 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerA174A View Post
    Hi guys, we're getting a Dark Knight Kona next week, medyo attractive kasi yung discount which puts the price closer to repo bank units na dapat kukunin namin.

Mas ok ba na hayaan na lang ikabit yung free seat covers, di kaya mag interfere sa side airbags?

well,
    if the airbag is located inside the seat,
    these "ordinary seat covers" will hinder in the deployment of the airbags.
    there are, however, airbag-friendly seat covers, whose stitches are supposed to give way when the airbag inflates...

but if the airbags are located outside the seat, i.e., the steering wheel, dashboard, center pillar, etc, etc,
    i do not think covering the seats will have an effect on safety.

according to the kona literature,
    where are the airbags located?

errr,
    might i inquire,
    how much is the discount?
    Last edited by dr. d; February 14th, 2021 at 07:00 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    There's no such thing as airbag compatible seat covers ... at least not in the context of international car safety ratings ...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    well,
    if the airbag is located inside the seat,
    these "ordinary seat covers" will hinder in the deployment of the airbags.
    there are, however, airbag-friendly seat covers, whose stitches are supposed to give way when the airbag inflates...

but if the airbags are located outside the seat, i.e., the steering wheel, dashboard, center pillar, etc, etc,
    i do not think covering the seats will have an effect on safety.

according to the kona literature,
    where are the airbags located?

errr,
    might i inquire,
    how much is the discount?
    Yes sir, obviously these free cloth seat covers won't be as durable as the ones made by known upholstery shops, just trying to get inputs from other Kona owners as well if they had problems with the side airbags not fully deployed...

HARI slashed 205K off the Kona's SRP until Feb 28 but we only got 200K off as the unit apparently was a new pulled out unit from the warehouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    There's no such thing as airbag compatible seat covers ... at least not in the context of international car safety ratings ...
    Hehe I get what you mean sir, but locally since such safety feats aren't widely known, maybe some seat cover makers aren't even aware of seat mounted airbags Hyundai Kona

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223