New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    get a fortuner. may sukli pa.
    heh heh.

japanese believer to the ends of the earth...
    From a driver's point of view, a Fort would be a good buy. But comments by passengers is that the Fort cabin is a bit too tight for an SUV & the ride is to bouncy so becomes very uncomfortable. I tend to agree since it shares the ladder frame of the Innova. My observation also when viewed from afar, it tends to look like a hatchback but it turns out to be an SUV when you get closer. BTT, Korean cars are actually for the more daring & adventurous.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I hear that comment all the time - Kia < Hyundai.

The reason why Kia doesn't have bashers is because Kia isn't even big enough to be significant yet. They only sell a fraction of the sales of Hyundai, and don't have any household names (Starex, Accent).

It's a pity cuz Kia had some well-priced gems like the Sportage EX CRDi which undercut the Tucson GL CRDi yet had more features (except 4WD). I also like the Carens but the absurd SRP dissuades many potential buyers who don't even bother to go to the showroom and hence don't find out that it's got pretty hefty discounts. Also, the market would prefer a cheaper, less refined 7-seater MPV over the Carens even if the latter is better in all aspects except price (since at that price they'll either get an Innova or Montero, again, euro levels of refinement isn't a key buying point in the PH market).
    My first choice was actually the Carens & even checked out the unit & spoke with the sales about it. Unfortunately, there wasn't even a mention of any discounts at the time (Dec 2013) so I ended up with the Accent. I still stop & look at the Carens whenever I see one. Between the Tucson & Sportage, the latter seems to be more eye-catching.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I dunno what the big fuss is with the Jap fanboys about the entry of the N sub brand is. They are just experimenting & testing that market anyway, & competing with Asian brands. Siguro if they competed directly with Lamborghini & the other supercars, tataas na kilay ko dun.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    I dont recommend Korean cars as Japanese cars now are on the same price na naman, We have 3 Hyundai Crdi in the fam, well they're still good but not really feels as durable as the our Jap cars.

Sometimes, I think the only reason why our Koreans survived this long is because we have alternative daily cars. Hindi maganda magluma ang Hyundais, so many potential rattlings, and the cars are getting heavier to turn or to drive,

Ang ok lang cguro sa Hyundais is if you decdie to make it just a beater car. our starex ginawang pangsundo ng mga bata sa La Salle at Poveda everyday. imagine using a brand new Mazda Cx5 or Isuzu Mux sa wveryday hellish bumper snail movement makasundo lang sa sa schools na ito. Grabe i-depreciate ng hard-earned car nyo

Our starex also doubles as our pickup. Pag may dala-dalang mabigat or may binili big item sa SM or whatever. Our starex will be 10 years old next year, all I can say is glad to have a beater car na hindi sasama ang loob mo magamit sa mga gsnito cases, at puwede mo pa pa-drive sa mga drivers

Our Santa fe which is also turning 10 next year. Well i can say is not at par with our 15 year okd Hondas and mitsu. Mostly electricals ang palpak sa Sta fe, failed actuators, busted bulbs, and parang taxi sounding na pang-ilalim sa mga lubak. The Crdi tends to become more noisier too.

My santa fe is just 46k on the odo and our starex is 76k. This shows na our hyundais are used alterantely with low mileage,

I have a Pajero bk Japan Cbu, well ibang -ibang talaga ang feel when it ages.

----

Ngaun, sing-mahal na din ang Hyundai or Kia ang mga Toyotas / Hondas,/ Nissan / Mitsu, no sense risking big investment sa lesser quality

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    get a fortuner. may sukli pa.
    heh heh.

japanese believer to the ends of the earth...
    Somwwhat true. If you cant differentiate the products, then look at the people behind the products,

Ive been to Japan and Korea and all I can say is miles ahead talaga ang work ethic ng Japanese. Iba talaga ang mga Japs, you can feel it even if you're just in their restos .. The koreans are well ok naman but not as dedicated or honorable as the Japanese,

Sa Tokyo, if you're lost and asking for directions, kulang na lang ihatid ka sa pupuntahan mo kasi di kayo magkakntindihan sa english lol. Sa Airport, pag tipong 5 minutes before boarding time, sila pa tatakbo para hanapin yun passengers. And take note Cebu Pac pa ito Japan side, dito sa Pilipinas, mga cebu pac gusto gusto ka siguro maiwan para ma-bump off lol

It was a rare sight seeing Japanese attendants running sa waiting terminal, asking & reminding passengers with big strollers, or big bags that it's boarding time.

Sa Europe, grabeh, airport attendants dont care at all and doest care about seniors even to the point of shouting at them to get jn line!

Sa America, naman dedma, mahuli ka wala kami paki.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    As for me, I don't limit myself to a brand or country. I appreciate all cars except Chinese cars for obvious reasons . I have owned 7 Japanese gasoline cars previously & I don't consider them as durable as you claim. First thing that goes always is the suspension & alignment. Then there is all the body rattling & creaking. Then issues with the engine starts to show up in spite of the care & attention. Ganun talaga, inspire of the make but I enjoyed driving all of them except 2 (both Nissans).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hyundai to introduce N sub brand in Frankfurt