New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bg32 View Post
    a) sorry not average man's car nga, what i meant was, irephrase ko nalang title cheapr version/alternative to the 1 series.
    b) i disagree with the focus sir in my opinion this is better.
    Diesel Comparison: Ford Focus vs Hyundai i30 vs Mazda3 vs Peugeot 308 | Car Advice
    c) yes sir elantra's really good! but we're talkin hatchbacks here
    a. Alternative in what sense? In that the tail-lights looks similar? There's no comparison between the two. The i30 has a bigger back seat and is front-wheel drive, the 1-series is a luxury hatchback with puny rear seats (and, in the case of the coupe, no back seats), a long hood (due to the engine), rear wheel drive and sporty handling. Nobody is going to be fooled into thinking you have a 1-series when you drive up in an i30 with 16" wheels, balloony tires and a nose that's visibly last-generation Hyundai.

b. No Mazda3 diesel here. In fact, no current body Mazda3.

No Peugeot here, at all.

Local i30 has completely different specs. No automatic model locallly. Completely different trim level. Smaller wheels on the diesel variant. The gasoline variant has a better load-out, but I think they may be discontinuing it with the new Elantra out.

Focus... well... that's basically the same as the one here. And yes, the stereo sound is kick-ass compared to other stock systems.

c. Gotta widen your scope, because boxing yourself in when you make a car purchase means you miss out on a lot of good opportunities. If you want a stylistic hatchback that looks like something coming out of Germany, you might want to look at the Kia Rio.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Sa looks puede.

But remember marami rin bakla namagkamalang babae hitsura.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Get a grey market Rio 1.6GDi! The looks wouldn't look out of place beside the Mini right next to you, and it's got the performance to back it up too. The i30 is old. I think they're discontinuing it soon. In fact the new i30 has already been introduced elsewhere. And then the new Focus is fast coming as well.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Mid of this year the new 2012 i30 will be release here
    Hyundai i30 | Gallery | carsguide.com.au

for both GDI and CRDi engine so if the choices includes the new i30 and not the current one then I go for new i30

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    muntik na namin mabili yang i30. buti nalang na-convince ko dad ko na focus ang kunin. these are my reasons.

2.0turbo diesel vs a 1.6turbo diesel - lampas 1M na, no brainer to.
    5MT lang available na diesel variant ng i30 vs 6speed DCT - lampas 1M na, manual at 5speed parin? no brainer.
    spacewise - focus
    breed - focus
    drive - focus
    availability ng parts - focus

which is why wala kang makikitang i30 sa kalsada. twice palang ako nakakakita. focus tdci parami ng parami even though may replacement na.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    all Hyundais are overpriced right now bec. of stripped down standard accessories. it's overpriced and has low resale value.

the only viable Hyundai to buy right now are the accents and the starex for family.

and of course yun 2nd gen sta fe.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    all Hyundais are overpriced right now bec. of stripped down standard accessories. it's overpriced and has low resale value.

the only viable Hyundai to buy right now are the accents and the starex for family.

and of course yun 2nd gen sta fe.
    if you think hyundai is over priced then what do you call honda?

besides the accent and starex i think sonata, gc, elantra and santa fe is also not over priced. veracruz and genesis sedan lang ang overpriced para sa akin.
    Last edited by foresterx; May 30th, 2012 at 04:42 AM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Totoong mejo mahal ang honda but i dont think its fair na icompare ang quality nya sa hyundai. IMO.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    if you think hyundai is over priced then what do you call honda?
    Kuripot na wala sa lugar.

Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    besides the accent and starex i think sonata, gc, elantra and santa fe is also not over priced. veracruz and genesis sedan lang ang overpriced para sa akin.
    True, if you're looking for a budget-car andyan naman yung i10 or Accent [medyo hesitant lang talaga yung iba bec. of the problems]

Tapos if you're tired of seeing Altises, there's the Hyundai Elantra 1.6GL MT. 818k, without discounts pa. You get more from what an Altis 1.6E can offer.

Tapos ayun nga, yung Starex.

The 3rd gen Hyundai Santa Fe is way too overpriced IMO. Ewan ko lang kung pano i-price ng HARI yun, pero with how the grey-market dealers priced it.. crazy.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ax30g View Post
    Totoong mejo mahal ang honda but i dont think its fair na icompare ang quality nya sa hyundai. IMO.
    The new Accent and Elantra are scertainly directly comparable to Honda in terms of quality already. The Santa Fe, on the other hand, has been on Consumer Reports' "Recommended" list for the past few years, already... most of CR's "Recommended" cars are Toyota and Honda products.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Hyundai i30 = average man's bmw 1 series hatch agree? pro's and con's pls!