New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DATC View Post
    I am OC i that I have fuel consumption records of our vehicles since 2008.

Farthest on the GS was 668 km taking NLEX-SCTEX and back.Pumped 67.12 liters for average consumption of 9.96 km/L.
    And may we know the variant of your GS, bro.DATC?

TCi or VGT? MT or AT?

Also, what brand of fuel did you use?

TIA.

18.0K:sailor:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am OC i that I have fuel consumption records of our vehicles since 2008.

Farthest on the GS was 668 km taking NLEX-SCTEX and back.Pumped 67.12 liters for average consumption of 9.96 km/L.
    Yeah, that would be the figure I would expect on the GS for a round trip with Baguio city driving included. That's the same way I computed our Bataan trip in the past -- full tank, roundtrip, full tank ulit. Mga 9.8 km/L. Was planning to do the same for the Baguio drive since I had about 1/2 tank left but decided to fill up na din since our 2nd car, a Chevy Cruze, was gassing up na din. I figured it would save some time on the overall trip.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    ako tuwing full tank ko ng GS namin ang nakalagay sa DTE is around 420-430 kms.

Purely city driving ang GS namin. pumapatak mga 7km/l lang nakukuha ko.

Pero hindi nasusunod yun DTE. for example, even if i travelled 20KMS, hindi yun yung nababawa sa DTE ko.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    Pero hindi nasusunod yun DTE. for example, even if i travelled 20KMS, hindi yun yung nababawa sa DTE ko.
    Yeah I would think mas hindi accurate yang DTE. It readjusts depending on your driving style, so it's quite difficult to pin a figure down. Like if you've been doing purely city driving for a few tankfuls, tapos biglang nag-long drive ka, the initially 200+ kms DTE will suddenly go up by 50 kms or something.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    We have a 2008 Grand Starex, VGT-AT.

Gassed up at Total San Fernando, Pampanga.

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

And may we know the variant of your GS, bro.DATC?

TCi or VGT? MT or AT?

Also, what brand of fuel did you use?

TIA.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    We have a 2008 Grand Starex, VGT-AT.

Gassed up at Total San Fernando, Pampanga.
    Thanks for sharing bro.

I am looking at Total Diesel as replacement/alternative to my usual Shell Diesel fuel.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    To be honest, I just gas up wherever it is convenient, either one of the big 3 or at Total. I don't really notice a difference in fuel economy / performance.

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Thanks for sharing bro.

I am looking at Total Diesel as replacement/alternative to my usual Shell Diesel fuel.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    To be honest, I just gas up wherever it is convenient, either one of the big 3 or at Total. I don't really notice a difference in fuel economy / performance.
    As for me, I've occasionally filled up at different stations, but then not that often to come up with a usable pattern. True, economy/performance is about the same. I eventually go back to the stations I frequent to be sure of the product itself. So far haven't had a fuel quality problem with the usual suspects. Thankfully.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    2010 GS HVX
    580kms with 60 liters pumped
    Round trip to Subic via SCTEX-NLEX and half City driving
    Around 9.7km/l

My worst so far is 280 to 300km pure city driving on 60 liters of diesel.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    left visayas avenue, quezon city with a full tank and arrived in blue lagoon, pagudpud with 1/4 tank of fuel left. pero that was with absolutely no or very little traffic as we started at 3:30am. di ko alam gaano kalayo yun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast