New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    3 cyliner for me is ideal for city driving.....baka gusto lang nila ubusin ang i10 then eon na ang entry sa sub compact

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceClav View Post
    Ei hingi lang ako ng advise

I'm actually interested sa Eon after I saw the model sa MIAS, but the guys from hyundai told me that get the i10 instead because EON is a 3-cylinder model compared to the 4-cylinder i10. what's your opinion guys?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004

I'm actually interested sa Eon after I saw the model sa MIAS, but the guys from hyundai told me that get the i10 instead because EON is a 3-cylinder model compared to the 4-cylinder i10. what's your opinion guys?
    An 800cc engine is much more economical than a 1.1 liter engine.

The only advantage of the 4-cylinder is it runs smoother.

The EON actually has pretty good space. Seating space is, in fact, nearly the same as the i10... and the trunk is surprisingly big.

It's hard to believe this car only weighs 750 kgs (about 100-150 kgs less than the Spark, i10 and Picanto...)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Car Length Width Height
    Eon 3495 1559 1500
    Getz 3825 1665 1495
    Vios 4300 1700 1460

In paper it looks ok size wise, hope to inspect this baby at MIAS so I can find out if it is worth the hype. :D

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    saw one na sa casa. Sat on it. OK na sya. Masikip yun sa pedal room for the feet, maliit lang paa ko size 8. Spacious interior. Pero for the price na 438K entry level 498K TOTL, cheaper than the celerio more swag than the alto. Mukhang panalo ito. Cute sya in person and with the right color and rims mag standout ito. Downside is walang automatic.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by malcoxx View Post
    Car Length Width Height
    Eon 3495 1559 1500
    Getz 3825 1665 1495
    Vios 4300 1700 1460

In paper it looks ok size wise, hope to inspect this baby at MIAS so I can find out if it is worth the hype. :D
    I10 3,565 1,595 1,550 925 kg
    Eon 3,495 1,559 1,500 750 kg (!!!!)

Almost 200 kg lighter. Elbow room doesn't feel much tighter, and leg room feels as good as the i10, actually, maybe a little better... the rear seats are further back, and the engine compartment is smaller, so the front foot space benefits. And the trunk is huge for a car in this size range.

I can't wait to drive this car. 750 kg is freaking light! This could be the Honda Jazz of micro-cars...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    I tested the i10 and the EON few hours ago.

I still can't decide kung ano kukunin ko, but I'm leaning towards the i10 at this point kasi mas smooth siya i-drive, mas maluwag yung i10 saka malakas yung vibration pag nasa loob ka ng Eon, yun lang nga 0.6-0.8 yung Eon. can't decide.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I tested the i10 and the EON few hours ago.

I still can't decide kung ano kukunin ko, but I'm leaning towards the i10 at this point kasi mas smooth siya i-drive, mas maluwag yung i10 saka malakas yung vibration pag nasa loob ka ng Eon, yun lang nga 0.6-0.8 yung Eon. can't decide.
    So the i10 is still bigger inside? Hmmm... I've got to go back and try. But I'll probably just wait for the media drive, so I can test fuel efficiency, as well.

Extra vibration is natural with a 3-cylinder engine. You get used to it.

The base i10 model with the stick is a pretty good deal. The automatic is a sacrifice in fuel economy in the city (but okay when traffic is free flowing).

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005

Kasi pag Eon ang bibilhin mo, mas mura so konti lang ang commission ng ahente hehehe!!

Saw the blue Eon in MIAS today, not bad in person... ganda ng model... model as in yung kotse hehehe!!

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    read some articles and it shares the same platform of the i10, they have the same wheelbase 93.7in.
    but re-bodied to become smaller? sana they retained the tall ceiling

makes sense since im pretty sure the next i10 will be based sa recently released na Kia Picanto which is much larger

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I am a pretty big guy so I had to try it for myself to see how it'd fit in driving position.

My shin as I step on the pedals hits the plastics. Another thing, though it's not the best driving shoes (Merrell hiking boots) when I depress the clutch and the brakes at same time, the clutch pedal is nearly at the toe region of my left foot. Size 12 boots plus all around bulk doesn't really help.

My girlfriend tried the passenger seat and we were elbow to elbow, sweet tingnan, pero not very sweet kung iba ang nakasakay. LOL.

Bottomline, I felt a bit claustrophobic inside, but somebody who is not as big boned as me may have a different experience. I felt bad after trying it, since I was really hoping it would be right sized for me as I am looking at buying a cheap entry level car again for short commutes.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Hyundai Eon (indian market)