New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmmm... from a cursory inspection, all I can say about the Elantra CRDi is... hwow... sobrang pa-Toyota... Corolla shape, Camry lights... really dull looking...

I'll withold judgement on whether its a good value till after a test-drive, though...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    The Elantra is nice. Being the first diesel "compact" car, it does pack something (and just under the 1m mark too )

Just one problem though:

Yung lay-out ng manual transmission (euro-type) is scary.

I was playing around with the gear shifter (last Friday sa Motor Show). It seemed that this good be a good economy car until......I couldn't find the 1st and 3rd gear (all I could find was the Reverse and 5th gear and the bottom gear). But 1st and 3rd gears can't be found...scary ****. Unlike let's say a Toyota Vios manual or a CRV manual where you can "really feel" every gear everytime you move the shifter. With those cars, you know the exact gear that the shifter is positioned to. But in this Hyundai Elantra CRDI (the motor show unit), you can't even feel whether the shifter is at first or third gear. Scary is the word for it.

Driving a manual car (with "missing" 1st and 3rd gears) seems scary (lalo na during high-speed driving &/or cruising).

I don't know if this a mechanical fault from Hyundai or if these euro-type manual trannies are like that (where 1st & 3rd are "too" close to each other)but whatever it is......

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Pede kayang pang Taxi to? sa Beijing daming Elantra/Sonata previous model na Taxi.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Hyundai Elantra 2007