The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    May peke din pala na oil sa true QC

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

PeQUE.

Halos lahat naman yata ng supposedly good oil brands puro repacked lang from drums to plastic containers. When i was at M****h last year for an oil change tinawagan nila supplier and i found out, listening in on the phone conversation, this one supplier supplies all oil brands. So how can the consumer be sure if the fully-synthetic-crdi-aceaXX oil he is getting is real kung jack of all brands naman pala yung supplier?

Pero yung M**** at yung P****** subok na daw .... na wa epek. Sabi-sabi lang naman pero would you still use it kung may claims na you're not getting your moneys' worth and also harming your engine at the same time?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    My first post here so I'm hoping I can get some opinions or feedbacks from folks here with some experience with CRDi engines.

Anyways I just needed to ask some questions (in bold) about my 2007 Starex GRX CRDi's engine problem. Currently it's experiencing engine blow by that's so severe that if I remove the dipstick oil spews out all over the place. Naturally off course when I remove the engine oil cap there's some white smoke and some blow by as well. This occurred after I had an oil leak fixed by a mechanic who reapplied some silicone and a new cover gasket to the top cover.

I've read in this thread and from online sources that it could be a clogged EGR causing this. But my mechanic insists that I now need a general overhaul of the engine. I've been quoted a price for a general overhaul of the engine at 100k. That excludes any parts found defective and the turbo charger. Is it really that expensive for an overhaul?

I'm still using the Starex right now for short daily trips from the house to the office and vice versa. Basically 26 KM a day. Mechanic told me it's okay to use it but I should pack some oil and check after every trip if the oil gets low. Should I still be using the Starex even without an overhaul?

By the way my Starex only has 86,000 KM on the odometer. I'm basically the third owner who acquired the vehicle from a local bank as a repossessed vehicle. Amazingly it has been on standby in the bank's open air storage facility for some time. In fact when I acquired it two and half years ago from the bank it still had 67,000 KM mileage. Could I have gotten a car with a manipulated odometer? Seems very odd that at 86,000 KM mileage I'm already having issues with it.

Also how do you know if a Starex is a surplus unit or an original unit that is for the Philippine market?

Sorry for the all English inquiry, my Filipino sucks big time especially in written form. Got line of 7s in my fours years of the subject back in high school.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Hyundai CRDi engine problems?