New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    what's the advantage of being with CAMPI? Kia is not with CAMPI. if both of Korea's top cars are out of CAMPI, baka mas okey pa

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Talk about "scandal" and mud slinging if you read between the lines

I was able to meet the Lee's Richard, Edmund and Elizabeth more than decade ago at the first locally assembled Volvo "celebration" at their then new plant in Sta. Rosa (SMII, as a replacement to their Unionized UMC plant). Very "Elitist" in my opinion and the kind of drama they have now would make for a very good tele novela.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaboot View Post
    what's the advantage of being with CAMPI? Kia is not with CAMPI. if both of Korea's top cars are out of CAMPI, baka mas okey pa
    Advantage is obviously improved lobbying on the government... But CAMPI being a MANUFACTURER's group its obvious they are asking government to give advantage for manufacturers and not extend the same on importers usually using job creation and investment as an excuse for those benefits...

HARI and Columbian being just mere importers will not benefit with these and might get disadvantage if government gives manufacturers an advantage like tax breaks etc etc...
    Last edited by tidus1203; January 10th, 2011 at 11:22 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Bad news na lang siguro is no more Hyundai cars in the CAMPI PIMS next year...
    thats not good..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Kia Motors is a Campi member. Other non-CAMPI members include Subaru, Land Rover and Jaguar.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The Lee family is a very big conglomerate ... and they have business interests almost everywhere .. automotive manufacturing/retailing is just one.

MaFe Agudo represents the new generation of Lee management, while Beth Lee represents the older (conservative/cautious) side of the Lee family. I've been formerly working for UMC and HARI, enough to know every bit of juicy secret.

It's sad to see catfights..

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Well, first priority will always be local manufacturers because it is essential for the economy. More jobs means more money, more money means more spending, more spending means more economic activity, more activity means more opportunities for Filipinos to become rich. It's the reason why we're lagging behind in ASEAN. Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam all have perks for local manufacturing and demand for cars keep increasing in their countries.

They can still make perks for imports like JPEPA but it shouldn't be in conflict with local industries. Philippines can make one with Korea if they wanted to.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    The Lee family is a very big conglomerate ... and they have business interests almost everywhere .. automotive manufacturing/retailing is just one.

MaFe Agudo represents the new generation of Lee management, while Beth Lee represents the older (conservative/cautious) side of the Lee family. I've been formerly working for UMC and HARI, enough to know every bit of juicy secret.

It's sad to see catfights..

kung new gen na, HARI and the LEE should start a new association - KALAS.

w/c stands for Kotse at Lambing Ang Susi. sobrang nakaka-tense kasi ang sobrang pagka-elitista at pagkatuod na pagiging isang top businessman. maybe the older LEE is also turned off sa niece nya kasi sobrang business business. i've seen her on TV. she's impressive but I wouldn't wanna make a wife of her. masisira siguro ulo ko sa mga ganyan matatalino babae

while pinays on the other hand have this one trait, LAMBING. sa sobrang lambing ng mga pinays paguwi mo sa bahay tanggal ang pagod mo

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    to summarize the conflict:

local manufacturers/assemblers vs importers

investment is huge w/ high employment opportunities, perks, incentives, benefits, tax breaks from the government

vs

small/medium business capital, limited employment kaya benefits (meron ba?) from the government is not felt becoz of their unit's high prices ng mga importers and the risk of maintaining stability based on sales performance is still being considered...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    kung new gen na, HARI and the LEE should start a new association - KALAS.

w/c stands for Kotse at Lambing Ang Susi. sobrang nakaka-tense kasi ang sobrang pagka-elitista at pagkatuod na pagiging isang top businessman. maybe the older LEE is also turned off sa niece nya kasi sobrang business business. i've seen her on TV. she's impressive but I wouldn't wanna make a wife of her. masisira siguro ulo ko sa mga ganyan matatalino babae

while pinays on the other hand have this one trait, LAMBING. sa sobrang lambing ng mga pinays paguwi mo sa bahay tanggal ang pagod mo

Let's just put it this way .. Richard Lee is a ladies man .. (get my drift?) .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hyundai Asia Resources resigned from being a member to CAMPI