New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Mga kapatid, baka naman pwedeng humingi ng inyong opinion. I'm this close to getting the Hyundai Accent 1.4 MT Gas Hatch kaso I came across a thread talking about the engine knocks. Resolved na ba yun? What do you think of the head to head comparison with the Kia Rio 1.4 EX sedan M/T?

Would greatly appreciate your guidance. Salamat!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Wala ata accent hatch na gas, only diesel. Hence walang engine knock.

If your refering to the sedan, wla na ata knock problem kasi inang engine na ngayon, unlike dati.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    Wala ata accent hatch na gas, only diesel. Hence walang engine knock.

If your refering to the sedan, wla na ata knock problem kasi inang engine na ngayon, unlike dati.
    Oh. Thanks *shibby75. Wala palang gas na hatch? Baka di kami nagkaintindihan ng sales personnel sa casa kahapon. Maklaro nga bukas. Hehehe..

But bro, would you go for Accent or Rio?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Actually im in the market for an additional car, baka kasi matuloy ang 2 day coding.

Ive seen the rio and forte.. Pero im torn between the totl matic mirage and manual accent hb. Kaso isang buwan sa 2 pa lang nakita ko sa kalsada na accent hb, baka end of the line mahirapan ako sa aftermarket parts. And im planning to keep the car for around 5 years.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Yep, tama si shibby75, solved na yung engine knocks sa mga bagong accent kasi pinalitan na nila yung engine. Just make sure that you are getting the new engine for the 1.4 variant. CRDI lang ang available for the hatchback.

Here's the thread regarding the engine upgrade:
    http://tsikot.com/forums/hyundai-car...-accent-94205/

Between Kia Rio and Accent, nagbabasa basa din kasi ako sa Kia Rio na thread, madami nag-complain dun regarding fuel economy. With that, dun ka nalang sa Accent na 1.4. Pero kung hatchback na CRDI ang compare mo sa Rio, definitely kunin ko ang Accent HB kasi mas tipid ito sa gas. Mas mahal lang siya sa Rio 1.4...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Btw, just to clarify. Only the new Accent 1.4GL Manual Transmission has the new Kappa engine with 6 speed manual. The Automatic version retains the Gamma engine but adds rear disc brakes.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Why not the all new vios? or go further with the accent diesel.

8. Join Date
    May 2013
    Correct/share ko lang guys, pag Accent 2013 Hatchback CRDI, 1.6L sya not 1.4 .I got one last May 2013. M/T color red. Satisfied so far because FC/fuel economy is on top of my list when I was looking for a car that time. True enough, napapaabot ko ng 22km/L sa highway driving. (kung hindi nga lang mabigat paa ko sa gas pedal eh tingin ko kayang kaya kahit 25km/L.) city/traffic driving naman mga 14-16km/L.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    For power and economy, non of these sub-compact cars in the local market can ever beat the Accent HB..."turbo boost starts even at a low 1900 RPM.

Maraming mapapahiyang sub-compacts dito...maybe even with some compact cars.