New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Well, if you slap in a turbo, it will artificially increase the compression ratio that could be high enough to cause pre-detonation. In which case, using a higher octane fuel may become necessary.

Btw, "reverse downforce" is lift.
    Yes yes.. I know about the reverse downforce masaya lang i-type since I usually joke around saying "Reverse downforce YOOOO" in the tune of "VTEC just kicked in, yo!" whenever I see a massive spoiler on FWD vehicle.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Makikishare lang rin mga sir. Octane rating alone cannot increase the energy content of the fuel pero to increase the octane the additives or whatever they are adding have a lot to do here ang effect higher octane with higher energy content.

I also do not believe that higher octane gas can save you fuel, i use the fuel who can give me a better fc. Sa extreme97 taas fc ko like around 450km 1ft or around 14kpl. Pero sa phoenix98 bagsak fc ko around 380km 1ft around 11kpl lang. Sa unleaded ng shell, phoenix at total same fc ako around 12.5kpl. Sa petron unleaded sama fc ko sumabit ng konti sa 10kpl. Havent tried xcs and blaze and shel nitro plus. Mahal eh.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

3. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    SA V-Power nitro, di lang naman octane boosted yung fuel, nitrogen boosted yun.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by brainmafia_310 View Post
    Makikishare lang rin mga sir. Octane rating alone cannot increase the energy content of the fuel...
    You can compute the heat of combustion of iso-octane and n-heptane. It is simple energy balance.

Iso-octane C8H18
    N-heptane C7H16

Octane Number = Iso-octane %

Again, weather your engine is capable of extracting that and converting that to noticeable power gain is another question. But the iso-octane/n-heptane composition determines the energy content per volume/mass of fuel.

If others are still not convinced, you can consult stoichiometry books.

I personally don't use petron blaze, why? Peso/kilometer is higher compared to regular fuels.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by siopaonatoasted View Post
    SA V-Power nitro, di lang naman octane boosted yung fuel, nitrogen boosted yun.
    Bro, walang nitro ang V-Power Nitro+. It just uses a different base fuel from FuelSave and also has better additives (specifically Shell's Fricition Modifier Technology). The focus during the development of Nitro+ was for a cleaner burn and less deposits in your engine.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    The Fuel Journey

In modern engines, like direct injection and turbo-charged, fuel injectors

In conventional engines, the unique, patented Shell Nitrogen Enriched Cleaning System cleans and protects intake valves and fuel injectors, so the engine can perform at its best.

In modern engines, like direct injection and turbo-charged, fuel injectors are subject to greater heat and pressure, which can cause a breakdown of cleaning agents.

The Shell Nitrogen Enriched Cleaning System is designed to maintain thermal stability and work under extremely hot engine temperatures, actively protecting against performance-robbing gunk.
    http://www.shell.us/products-service...ls/inform.html

I did not say that there is a nitro as in NOx.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234