New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    about to sell our FD to get a new car. poll lang, if you were to choose between the elantra 1.8 and the sonata, which one would you pick? how's the sonata FC? sobrang layo ba sa elantra? medyo bitin kasi yung features ng elantra but we don't want to get another SUV since we have a tucson already. any thoughts?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    hehe, layo ng price ata niyan bro. Sonata na if can afford naman.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    hehe oo nga eh. may subsidy naman from our company so ang mangyayari kapag sonata, mag-dadagdag lang kami. iniisip ko kasi, might as well go for something you really want na since may subsidy nga. hehe is the sonata really worth the 800k difference (sa premium model)?

so yung dilemma kasi, elantra = no dagdag, a car we like, but not so much of an upgrade from a 2007 FD. OR
    Sonata premium = dagdag pero super excites the senses (a.k.a. luho hehe)

what would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    hehe, layo ng price ata niyan bro. Sonata na if can afford naman.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    hehe oo nga eh. may subsidy naman from our company so ang mangyayari kapag sonata, mag-dadagdag lang kami. iniisip ko kasi, might as well go for something you really want na since may subsidy nga. hehe is the sonata really worth the 800k difference (sa premium model)?

so yung dilemma kasi, elantra = no dagdag, a car we like, but not so much of an upgrade from a 2007 FD. OR
    Sonata premium = dagdag pero super excites the senses (a.k.a. luho hehe)

what would you choose?
    Again if you can afford it, go with what you really like para sulit at very happy driver/owner ka. hehehe

just my 2 cents.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    if subsidized by your company, get the sonata...

Do you get 60/40 subsidy from your company? Kasi if that is the case, grab the sonata. 60% of 1.6M is roughly around 960K. Para ka lang bumili ng Elantra 1.8AT using your own money...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    This is a no-brainer kung may budget naman to fill the gap in.

Hyundai Sonata GLS Premium

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sonata 2.4 GLS-Premium.

Case closed

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I get around 5-6km/L on pure city driving. If you take away my audio system, I'd say you'll average 1km/L more or 6-7km/L. If you're doing highways, you'll love the cruise control. First time I have one in a car so I was pretty excited when I went to Zambales via NLEX + SCTEX.

But really, what your driving style dictates how your FC. I'm pretty laid back while driving (aka non-aggressive) but my regular route forces me to be stuck in heavy traffic (rush hour 7pm plus Quirino Avenue going to Sta. Mesa or the Quiapo route). I've gotten up to 8km/L before. Heck, give me a highway and I'll see my FC shoot up like a rocket

Given a chance, I would say that I'd go for a non-premium version. At 1.3M, still looks very sweet, kinda like adding 300k more from an Elantra. 200k for the added amenities is a bit excessive if on a budget, but if you're the type who buys insurance to ease your mind, get the Premium. Nothing beats that black shiny roof :naughty2: in turning heads. Personally, if given the chance to redo my purchase I'll get the non-Premium and use the 200k for modifications: brand-new shoes, Stage 1 engine mods, and the rest sa sounds ulit

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    thanks guys! will see how this goes. mukhang lahat vote sa sonata eh. hehe

will decide in the next couple of weeks and post an update to this. baka nga non-premium sonata na para a bit of a compromise. let's see.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    kung 6-7 km/l parang tucson lang rin or FD. hehe that's not so bad na rin for a 2.4. yung gap kasi, covered na yun when i sell the FD, tapos i add mga 3-400k siguro.

final approval na lang ng totoong boss ko (misis) hehe

Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    I get around 5-6km/L on pure city driving. If you take away my audio system, I'd say you'll average 1km/L more or 6-7km/L. If you're doing highways, you'll love the cruise control. First time I have one in a car so I was pretty excited when I went to Zambales via NLEX + SCTEX.

But really, what your driving style dictates how your FC. I'm pretty laid back while driving (aka non-aggressive) but my regular route forces me to be stuck in heavy traffic (rush hour 7pm plus Quirino Avenue going to Sta. Mesa or the Quiapo route). I've gotten up to 8km/L before. Heck, give me a highway and I'll see my FC shoot up like a rocket

Given a chance, I would say that I'd go for a non-premium version. At 1.3M, still looks very sweet, kinda like adding 300k more from an Elantra. 200k for the added amenities is a bit excessive if on a budget, but if you're the type who buys insurance to ease your mind, get the Premium. Nothing beats that black shiny roof :naughty2: in turning heads. Personally, if given the chance to redo my purchase I'll get the non-Premium and use the 200k for modifications: brand-new shoes, Stage 1 engine mods, and the rest sa sounds ulit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
FD Replacement