New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Most cars/suvs ok na sa 30psi. Ako 30 front/rear sa accent and 38 front 40 rear sa GS. My in-laws inflate their cars/suv's ng only 26psi, para daw hindi matagtag, hindi na daw bale palit sila ng palit ng gulong basta comfortable sila hehe

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    my cars are running * 30PSI High Grade Nitrogen.

I think safe pressure ang 30-32psi.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by meikey View Post
    my cars are running * 30PSI High Grade Nitrogen.

I think safe pressure ang 30-32psi.
    Safe nga yan.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    oh 30 lang sa SUV??? im using 34 right now on my Tucson. Should I change it to 30?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by providence View Post
    oh 30 lang sa SUV??? im using 34 right now on my Tucson. Should I change it to 30?
    Check your door for the proper tire pressure, there should be a sticker there.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Check your door for the proper tire pressure, there should be a sticker there.
    Yup andun nga yan.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Inflation pressures of around 26 psi are way too low, and dangerous at high speeds (can cause instability or excessive heat build up) or with a full load at any speed (can heat up and fail catastrophically).

Inflating to 35-40 psi nowadays is not dangerous. Radial tires will not crown or lose grip by ballooning, not like bias-plies of yesteryear. Hell, on my Crosswind, the tires still have some give in the sidewall and lie flat at 45+ psi!

But this depends on the tire. Some tires start to wear in the middle past 35 psi, so you have to check constantly... but from running at high pressures for years, I can tell you, the only thing wrong with running pressures over 35 is the pain in the backside every time you run over a pothole.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i think the concensus is, everyone is loading their tires near to the manufacturer specified air pressure....

if u really have that high fuel consumption, why not try like this....just to get a baseline.....

go for a long drive - say Tagaytay early morning and back....make sure to reset the trip meter before u do that
    and i think u will be able to see instantaneous reading and trip average..... on the hiway running at constant
    100kph on the top gear u should see somewhere below 9li/100km... if u see anything higher than that then there's high chance
    something wrong your car.

on most cases, what really kills u in high fuel consumption is traffic and idling... if u are the type of person who waits in the car 5 to 10min for someone to come while u are enjoying aircon in the car that will definitely impact fuel economy for the worse.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Do you follow the psi rating from the manual for your tires?