New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    TS Tucson is 2009 model which I believe is 2.0 CRDi with waste gate turbo charger. In normal use, 1-2 minutes cooling down of TC is not a must as long as you have sufficient time in running the SUV in slow speed before shutting off the engine. Mine is 2007 model 65K kM odometer yet no problem with the turbo charger. I don't observed the 1-2 minutes cooling down except when filling up diesel in NLEX/SLEX station. Hataw kasi lagi pag dyan sa express way..

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Maganda sana ang hyundai eh. Pero sablay talaga sa aftersales service, as in SABLAY!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Before we jump into conclusions, I just want to ask the TS: do you let your turbocharger cool down after prolonged high speed runs by idling the engine for a minute or 2 before switching it off? Or do you switch off the engine immediately after such high speed runs? I suspect that if you're experiencing a significant power loss, your turbocharger might be "cooked" already. That isn't covered by warranty. Even other car brands will deny your warranty claim if that's your case.

If the power loss isn't significant, the casa might have misdiagnosed the problem. You might have a case of EGR valve clogging due to soot. That is easy to fix and relatively inexpensive to changing a damaged turbocharger.

Sa first post ng TS sinabi na daw ng SA ng Hyundai na claimable daw yun sa extended warranty.
    Palpak lang talaga yang Asia Warranty nayan, ka level ng Rapide.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Guys, before we jump into conclusions, kailangan muna ma-investigate. I agree that we need to check first kung ano included sa extended warranty as stated in the booklet

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    re-post ko lang dito baka mas makatulong kayo sakin,

sent mail to mycrm*hyundai-asia.com (awaiting reply)

Dear Sirs/Madams,

IS MY HYUNDAI EXTENDED (5 YRS.) WARRANTY AUTOMATICALLY VOID AFTER 3 YEARS IF NON-CASA CLAUSE OF FEDERAL PHOENIX IS APPLIED?

OVERVIEW:

Proud owner of 1st generation Tucson, November 2009, superb condition, 700k 2nd owner, purchased Feb 2013
    Religious PMS (x12 total or 33 months) by previous owner with Hyundai Abad Santos
    Insurance policy fully endorsed, extended warranty in effect per inspection of service passport (Hyundai North Edsa)

PROBLEM:

Filed a claim with Federal Phoenix March 1, 2013. (front and rear bumpers for replacement and some repair on tail gate)
    Fed Pnx explains NON-CASA clause in effect (car is 3 years and 4 months old more or less)
    Fed Pnx suggested Hyundai North Edsa (NON-CASA rate) vs. Ziebart
    Ziebart wins from Fed Pnx point of view (most likely, but still fighting for Hyundai CASA)

ISSUES:

When HARI appointed Federal Phoenix for its extended warranty insurance, they have a joint responsibility to advise the client in how to preserve it.
    (page 9 of the Hyundai Extended Warranty Booklet, under main title Contract of Insurance, there's a notice that HARI is merely a coordinator.... any such obligation of extended warranty is a primary obligation of Federal Phoenix Assurance Co Inc. to the policy holder...)

The NON-CASA clause of the motor insurance policy of Federal Phoenix is contradictory to its agreement with HARI as to extended-warranty on electrical and mechanical breakdown as non-authorized HARI dealer repairs or pms will void it.

I understand that Federal Phoenix like any regular insurance co. would like to save money. But is this fair to the client, who suffers a stuck, defective CRDI injector worth 150k to repair?

Basic PMS outside CASA is very much available and parts abound in Banawe. But among the top reasons why owners remain loyal to a Hyundai dealer PMS is to retain the 5 years extended-warranty even if the premium CASA service is costlier.

Next Step:

Awaiting your response and recommendation. My research on various internet forums such as PEX and Tsikot.com has yielded nothing similar to my problem. Please help me preserve my warranty, and the value of my Tucson.

Thanks.

..........continued

they referred me to a dealer (non-casa rate). casa price is 150k vs 90k of non-casa, both bloated initial quotes. but casa's labor quote is 50% of total already vs only 10% of non-casa making my net damage (participation plus depreciation) virtually the same for both casa or non-casa. kaso, Fed Pnx is telling me na sila ang may choice ng repair shop.

Di pwedeng repair lang, wasak talga ang bumpers. apektado ang integrity baka di kayanin ng epoxy at masilya for next collision kaya buo ang hanap ko at baka maabot pa ang radiator etc.

Your suggestion will double my damage cost but I do appreciate it as viable, pahirapan lang haggling with dealer. (referring to a tsikoteer recommended na cash settlement and repair para makatipid and wag ma void warranty)

Since Hyundai extended-warranty booklet states Fed Pnx as motor and electrical insurer, I think they have a joint responsibility in educating the client in how to preserve their extended-warranty. nag alok sana sila ng waived non-casa clause pag palagpas ng 3rd year ang policy. important aware ang client kahit asar dahil may dagdag bayad pa.

sa mapre nga may nabasa ako na waived ang participation and depreciation pag not at fault. mangyari nito, baka insurer ko pa kumita at masingil ng buo ang insurer nung nakabanga. kami, kailangan pa maghahabol ng participation at depreciation dun sa insurance which is time consuming and mas maganda tulungan nalang ng insurer maghabol.

I paid a premium (walang tawad) for this 2nd hand car because of the extended warranty and remaining 9 mos. policy from a reputable, zuellig group of co. insurer.

tsk, tsk, kung alam ko lang hay. atleast I will be spared the expensive pms pag na void. but I feel IC and DTI, plus consumer rights protection group from leading dailies should be informed. may hindi makatarungan dito, im not just sure yet as I'm no legal expert but my atty. wife attends collaborative meetings with mentioned groups from time to time.

Since a non-casa repair will automatically give HARI an excuse for disapproving extended warranty, an automatic non-casa waiver should have been applied by their exclusive extended-warranty insurer even at the cost of higher premium for the 4th year, and the customer should have been advised of such premium adjustment since day 1. if hindi Fed Pnx ang insurer mas maiintindihan ko, kaso sila ang partner supposedly according to service passport and hyundai's website for extended warranty.

Is HARI really in partnership with Fed Pnx for this extended-warranty?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Any update?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Yung asia warranty ba is the same with federal?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12