New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    I was amazed on how people comments on the Matrix especially on its fuel consumption and torque. I'm very inclined to getting a used one since it only costs around 350k. For that amount, I get a gasoline-like feel ride on it but the economy of a diesel engine. However, i tried searching online for supports and updates on this model but I barely see forum discussions about it.

My question it, is it still worth buying one? Or the cost-savings I will get will be compensated by the expensive parts (which the availability is doubtful) I will have to pay for in the long-run?

It would be of great help if people who have one will share their experiences. Again, is it still worth buying?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I got mine flooded. still using it. Its a work horse. I use it for deliveries, and service for my employees. its quite big for its size - a bike can fit inside it without removing the wheels. I use it like a pickup. Loading plywoods are no problem, the biggest I've haul was a big ref. I do limit the load to 300 kilos thou.

Serviceable parts are not hard to find, cheap also. Same engine as the accent crdi taxis. Some parts are expensive, like the turbo. Which I happen to blow up. The casa quoted me at 100K to replace it. I've happen to find an alternative which cost me around 30K. There are repair kits for most parts. Ive busted the oil seals on my rack and pinion, repaired leaking brakes, replace all the bearing of the engine, now I need to have my suspension bushings replace, as well as my - aircon its already weak. A lot of fix and I'm only at the 40K mark. but remember mine got flooded. This things would probably happen when its aleady running at 100K.

Exterior parts - maybe a bit hard to find.

Still runs great, pulls hard, and even if you drive it like you stole it. You'll still average 15km/l. If you drive it lightly, its not uncommon to get 21km/l with the car.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    dati eto yun gusto kong car sayang discontinued na matrix dito taz sayang din dina dinala yun accent crdi ang lakas sana uli ng benta nila yun 1.4 engine nila my prob daw sa FC

TS tignan mong mabuti yun bibilhin mong matrix baka nabaha din yan

4. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by daumingshirts View Post
    I got mine flooded. still using it. Its a work horse. I use it for deliveries, and service for my employees. its quite big for its size - a bike can fit inside it without removing the wheels. I use it like a pickup. Loading plywoods are no problem, the biggest I've haul was a big ref. I do limit the load to 300 kilos thou.

Serviceable parts are not hard to find, cheap also. Same engine as the accent crdi taxis. Some parts are expensive, like the turbo. Which I happen to blow up. The casa quoted me at 100K to replace it. I've happen to find an alternative which cost me around 30K. There are repair kits for most parts. Ive busted the oil seals on my rack and pinion, repaired leaking brakes, replace all the bearing of the engine, now I need to have my suspension bushings replace, as well as my - aircon its already weak. A lot of fix and I'm only at the 40K mark. but remember mine got flooded. This things would probably happen when its aleady running at 100K.

Exterior parts - maybe a bit hard to find.

Still runs great, pulls hard, and even if you drive it like you stole it. You'll still average 15km/l. If you drive it lightly, its not uncommon to get 21km/l with the car.
    Wow, thank you very much for sharing your experience with it. The FC is really amazing! The way you described the car made me want it more. Crazy but I'm choosing between this and a low-end crosswind. What I like about it is the car-like driving experience rather than a truck-like. I mean you still get the room space for hauling things, the fuel-saving engine and the comfort at the same time... hmmmmm...

*timrev - thanks for the tip. Though I really don't know how to distinguish if it is flooded or not. I mean people can just clean everything and deny it and tell you it's not flooded. Unless anybody can give me a tried and tested method or technic on how to spot a flooded unit.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Get the crosswind if you want to carry more people, carry a lot of heavy stuff daily. You frequent areas with no clean diesel supply. The isuzu will definitely have a cheaper service on everything, CRDi oil is pricey.

you have to leave the rear hatch open if you are hauling big stuff with the matrix. Mine are just usually short trips inside the village. But you can really put a bike (a medium size racer) inside it with the hatch close and can still seat 3 people including the driver, and 1 person on the rear. You just have to configure the seats properly.

A true MPV. beats the jazz which is its closes rival by a huge margin. It just that it looks so ugly. hahaha!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    tama TS kuha ka nalang ng crosswind or adventure...kung alaga naman yun matrix na inoofer sayo ok na pero sa 350k na budget mo my unit pang mas ok...mahal din ang turbo ng matrix yun daw unang nasisira sabi ng mga taxi owner crdi accent...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    The crosswind is also better when there is a need to wade flooded streets.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Thanks so much guys. It seems that I can't get away with the comfort of a car and the hauling ability of a truck, hehe.

I choose function! Thanks again