New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Duhhh123 View Post
    Thank you for your response. I am planning on testing both soon. Any comments on hyundai durability and reliability?
    very reliable, just an oil change for 6 years.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Ok. These past few days I've been visiting some Hyundai dealers, inquiring about the tucson.

The tucson variant I'm interested in comes with a boring 3.8 floating type audio display which I wish to replace with a touch screen head unit.

I know casas charge a higher price for accessories but I was really surprised with the price disparity of the touch screen head unit being offered by the Hyundai dealers I've visited.

Dealer 1, Agent 1: Gave a price of P45.000.00 for the 7" head unit (reverse camera included). He also quoted P19,000.00 for a dashcam.

Dealer 2, Agent 1: Gave a price of P30,000.00 for the 7"head unit (reverse camera included). However, he says that price applies only if I buy through their financing plan. If I pay in cash, the head unit (and reverse cam) will cost me P56,000.00. WTF?

Dealer 3, Agent 1: Gave me a price of P26,000.00 for the 7" head unit (reverse camera included).

On impulse I called Dealer 1, Agent 2 and asked for the price of their head unit. He gave a price of P50.000.00

Dealer 1, Agent 1 claims that they are offering premium equipment hence their higher price. I can't confirm if this is true as I haven't seen the equipment he is offering.

Dealers 2 and 3 claim that the head unit they are offering is the standard one offered by all Hyundai dealers. I've have seen the head units offered by dealers 2 and 3. They both have the same functions and I don't notice any difference between the two.

After my test drive, I went with Dealer 3.

Is this normal? The disparity in price and non-standardization of equipment being offered by dealers of the same brand? Or is this a Hyundai thing?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Sa labas mo na pagawa yan. It's exactly the same sa labas. Laki lang sobra ng patong
    Ok. These past few days I've been visiting some Hyundai dealers, inquiring about the tucson.

The tucson variant I'm interested in comes with a boring 3.8 floating type audio display which I wish to replace with a touch screen head unit.

I know casas charge a higher price for accessories but I was really surprised with the price disparity of the touch screen head unit being offered by the Hyundai dealers I've visited.

Dealer 1, Agent 1: Gave a price of P45.000.00 for the 7" head unit (reverse camera included). He also quoted P19,000.00 for a dashcam.

Dealer 2, Agent 1: Gave a price of P30,000.00 for the 7"head unit (reverse camera included). However, he says that price applies only if I buy through their financing plan. If I pay in cash, the head unit (and reverse cam) will cost me P56,000.00. WTF?

Dealer 3, Agent 1: Gave me a price of P26,000.00 for the 7" head unit (reverse camera included).

On impulse I called Dealer 1, Agent 2 and asked for the price of their head unit. He gave a price of P50.000.00

Dealer 1, Agent 1 claims that they are offering premium equipment hence their higher price. I can't confirm if this is true as I haven't seen the equipment he is offering.

Dealers 2 and 3 claim that the head unit they are offering is the standard one offered by all Hyundai dealers. I've have seen the head units offered by dealers 2 and 3. They both have the same functions and I don't notice any difference between the two.

Is this normal? The disparity in price and non-standardization of equipment being offered by dealers of the same brand? Or is this a Hyundai thing?
    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Sa labas mo na pagawa yan. It's exactly the same sa labas. Laki lang sobra ng patong

I wish. Void daw warranty if i get it outside the dealer.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Most in the casa accessories sections are affiliated with car electronics shops like Winterpine, Goldrich, etc., thus the different prices. Before, they used AVT brand for OEM stereos which Winterpine provides. I am not familiar with the OEM floating type radios, but I like Pioneer and Kenwood stereos better than the AVT. I bought stereo adaptors and had branded stereos installed either at Winterpine, Araneta Ave. or Maspro, Banaue. Hindi naman na void yung car warranty ko.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen branded floating type radios. Kung meron man, China brand din like AVT. Until I see Pioneer or Kenwood stereos compatible, I think 26k OEM is good for now.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014

Ang napansin ko lang sa Android headunit ng Hyundai casa madilim

Yun starex namin ngaun , madilim eh tapos pinapalitan nila pati aircon vent. Yun aircon vent parsng substandard ang quality , i know that coz I almost ordered an android headunit for My Santa fe sa ali express, baka dyan lan bumibile ang mga hyundai casa, pero ang laki ng patong nila ha, 10k to 15k lang mga yan sa ali express.

Pero yun na nga madilim talaga android head units ng Hyundai, it doesnt compare to AVT of my other cars

7. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    If one is choosing between the 2.0 GL 6AT (Gas) variant (priced at P1,378,000) and the 2.0 GL 8AT (Diesel) variant (priced at P1,645,000), would it be correct to assume that the sole reason to get the Gas variant is just for the lower price (price difference of P267,000)? Would one gain any other advantages selecting the GL Gas variant over the GL Diesel one?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
    If one is choosing between the 2.0 GL 6AT (Gas) variant (priced at P1,378,000) and the 2.0 GL 8AT (Diesel) variant (priced at P1,645,000), would it be correct to assume that the sole reason to get the Gas variant is just for the lower price (price difference of P267,000)? Would one gain any other advantages selecting the GL Gas variant over the GL Diesel one?
    If you're not putting on high mileage, gas is the better option. Based on some research, the gas version is quite the guzzler. Cons of the diesel is the higher sticker price and higher maintennance, but it rewards you in more smiles per kilometer The All New TucsonThe All New Tucson. Performance of the diesel is way way better than the gas version.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    If I may chime in, if you only put in a few Kms a day with frequent starts & stops & doing just City runabouts, the gas variant might be the better option. The diesel is happier when driven long & continuous. If not, a 45 minute trip down the tollway every 2 weeks is recommended. The CRDI R engine is quite thirty on short trips but very economical on long ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I was down in Hyundai Las Piñas yesterday & I checked this all new Tucson 2.0 D base model. For some reason, I can’t figure Hyundai out. Their position in the market is so firmly rooted already but I am wondering why they don’t capitalize on this. I have a year old Kia Sportage & the reason I bought this over the Tucson is mainly because the Sportage is better packed with fog lamps, rear a/c vents & drive mode select (normal, eco or sports mode driving setting). Here it is now, 2019 models coming out for both brands & knowing they are sister brands, it is quite perplexing that the base Tucson is still inadequately packed compared to the face lifted Sportage. The Tucson has a 2 din HU, 6 speed tranny, still no a/c vents & fog lamps. The Sportage, on the other hand, also has no fog lamps but has auto light control, drive mode select, rear a/c & floor vents, touch screen HU w/ navigation & steering wheel controls. It also has kept up with the competition by upping the tranny to an 8 speed transmission. Mind you, those additions will make a big difference in the real world. In my opinion, for a few thousand more, the Kia will be a better buy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031