New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by buleley View Post
    Good to hear that the ECU upgrade has finally arrived! BTW, how much did it cost you for the upgrade if you don't mind me asking. Thank you for keeping us posted. :D
    Factory warranty

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by erj22 View Post
    kamusta po pala fuel consumption?
    10km to 11km per liter actual measurement (full tank - consume - refill to full) city driving. My Lancer 1.5 GL consumes 6.5km/liter (tip top condition), whereas this one is better of so I am happy with it

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    I just want to make a comment on this update:

November 2, 3pm I got my accent from Hyundai Greenhills and since then no radio, I used my car from regular routine qc (home) -> Makati (ofc) -> Antipolo (relatives).

For 3 days all I can say is, it's better now than before.

These are the changes:

No knocking so far either heavy, moderate and light traffic.
    No knocking either high or low temp.
    No Knowking up hill (to Antipolo)
    Engine response is superb.
    No low power.
    clutch and transaxe is smooth.

But still under observation.

FYI,

Ako02ph
    Accent 1.4 MT Bronze (July batch).

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    thanks for the updates,, I'm almost about to turn away from the accent because of the knocking issues I've read.. now mukhang may light at the end of the tunnel.. sana tuloy tuloy na to.. pakipost na lng po kung may updates kyo regarding the knocking problem comng back

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    i might try this update pag narepair na accent ko. probably around december. hopefully this will turn out good. i am randomly experiencing clutch dragging issue.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by erj22 View Post
    i might try this update pag narepair na accent ko. probably around december. hopefully this will turn out good. i am randomly experiencing clutch dragging issue.
    Yung intermittent dragging mo siguro sa bitin habang papanik? This ain't clutch sliding/dragging, it is something to do with the ECU variable timing. Engine timing can't adjust on time whenever a load is applied. This update will resolve that issue. I was annoyed with it for 1000km, now it is really better and is 100% smooth. Should you not resolve this matter you might end up a clutch rider and you might even ruin a perfectly working clutch plate and disc in record time.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by LtAK View Post
    Yung intermittent dragging mo siguro sa bitin habang papanik? This ain't clutch sliding/dragging, it is something to do with the ECU variable timing. Engine timing can't adjust on time whenever a load is applied. This update will resolve that issue. I was annoyed with it for 1000km, now it is really better and is 100% smooth. Should you not resolve this matter you might end up a clutch rider and you might even ruin a perfectly working clutch plate and disc in record time.

di naman bitin pag papanik, though i give more gas. when coming from full stop, it feels like low power pero i don't mind. i just give a little more gas. but i am not sure what i experienced nung nag shift ako to gear 2, parang nag "grrr". sometimes i'm experiencing a delay / lag when depressing gas lately. so hopefully my unit can benefit dito sa update.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Yep, same as mine before, ipa update mo na kasi malakas sa gas yan. You tend to press the pedal more to compensate and you might also consume the clutch prematurely...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    sana yung sa akin, which will be released on Tuesday, updated na ECU...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Hi Guys just had my accent last week MT 100kms odo palang oct-nov batch i think.
    Is the update safe already for mt user here? Im having the same experience coming form a full stop then acceleration, the low power sets it ung tipong gapang pa rin while stepping sa gas na sagad na? Im not sure din if mali lang ung driving techniques ko. pls help

btw lakas sa gas consumption ko.nsa 18/100 km. minsan pa pala ung odo reading nagloloko pa nagreregister sa 80/100km during idling

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
ACCENT 1.4 M/T ECU Version 2 UPDATE Hyundai Shaw (24 Oct 2011)