New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I got my version 2 ECU upgrade, they called me up around 4:30pm after the initial 1000km PMS tune up informing me that version 2 ECU upgrade just came in. They persuaded me to upgrade it because of the clutch dragging and this alone would remedy the dragging issue, I told them of the knocking issue from reviews, they told me that was the previous version and this one was the latest so I decided to go for it. So far I'm happy with the update and the acceleration is significantly much better & smoother than before, no more dragging, no more acceleration delays, no knocking issues, trans-axle noise was solved & it's now comparable to an '04 1.6 Altis. Now I can call it an ACCENT on steroids, before it's like driving an XL with a twist...

My unit was released 6:30 pm (5 hour PMS)

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Got the chance to take more than an hour in the road with traffic and mixed driving, so far haven't heard any knocking sounds on the engine. Tranny still quiet, clutch drag was solved (hopefully it's permanent), no more trans-axle humming sound. Averaging 10.1 liters / 100km. Consistent & quiet acceleration from full stop, AC is perfectly cold (as in very cold). Hopefully these guys at Hyundai Korea have eradicated ECU glitches.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Excited ako sa update na to kase ung prob ko yung delay/dragging. I wish hindi magka knocking after ng update. Tnx for sharing this bro.

Quote Originally Posted by LtAK View Post
    Got the chance to take more than an hour in the road with traffic and mixed driving, so far haven't heard any knocking sounds on the engine. Tranny still quiet, clutch drag was solved (hopefully it's permanent), no more trans-axle humming sound. Averaging 10.1 liters / 100km. Consistent & quiet acceleration from full stop, AC is perfectly cold (as in very cold). Hopefully these guys at Hyundai Korea have eradicated ECU glitches.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    ayus! sana meron sa hyundai sucat...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I believe this dragging issue has something to do with the timing, the vibration we feel is nothing more than the failure of the fuel to burn due to the timing insufficiency immediately after a load is applied to the engine, that the same cannot compensate. The correction thereof have made it more efficient in burning fuel and the vibration felt is nothing more than an engine deprived of power and not tranny and clutch issues. Well, experts can prove me wrong because I'm no expert this is just a hunch based on motoring experience.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LtAK View Post
    I believe this dragging issue has something to do with the timing, the vibration we feel is nothing more than the failure of the fuel to burn due to the timing insufficiency immediately after a load is applied to the engine, that the same cannot compensate. The correction thereof have made it more efficient in burning fuel and the vibration felt is nothing more than an engine deprived of power and not tranny and clutch issues. Well, experts can prove me wrong because I'm no expert this is just a hunch based on motoring experience.
    You're correct in your hunch sir, pag low power ang engine it will ultimately lead to clutch drag. Where did you have your accent updated?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hyundai Shaw Blvd. Mandaluyong po.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Route - Makati EDSA South bound headed towards MOA (25 Oct 2011)
    Departure 5:50pm
    Arrival 7:15pm
    Traffic Condition: WORSE ever
    Remarks: After subjected it to severe traffic conditions got the chance to speed up at Macapagal Ave.
    a) Still no knocking
    b) Clutch relatively stable and smooth
    c) Acceleration still better than before, although there is a very slight delay upon acceleration but not comparable as before
    d) Overall the engine is relatively stable

9. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Good to hear that the ECU upgrade has finally arrived! BTW, how much did it cost you for the upgrade if you don't mind me asking. Thank you for keeping us posted. :D

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    kamusta po pala fuel consumption?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
ACCENT 1.4 M/T ECU Version 2 UPDATE Hyundai Shaw (24 Oct 2011)