New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    local Vera Cruz is or rather was 3.0L V6 diesel
    Yes its a diesel. Very curious of its consumption in traffic and the highway.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrider88 View Post
    Yes its a diesel. Very curious of its consumption in traffic and the highway.
    Don’t expect a V6 to be as efficient as a 4-cylinder. The difference in highway efficiency may not be that far off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Just rode in one the other day. Smoother than my fortuner and slightly quieter. Suspension is better than the santa fe and more legroom in the 2nd and 3rd row and also more storage for the tools and more aircon vents for the passengers. The driver is unsure of the fuel consumption as he measures 70 liters per week going around. I kinda like the veracruz but was a bit disappointed to find out that good gear and green parts and other Hyundai auto supplies do not have parts other than the filters and the lower ball joint that it shares with the santa fe. Even at the casa, the parts are for special orders and can be delivered in 1-2 weeks...... it sounded like owning an vw, audi or jag when it comes to parts. The chief mechanic at the casa said its a very reliable car with no known issues, but if it breaks down its a pain. He suggested to just consider the santa fe.

Regardless, I am still curious of the actual fuel consumption in the city and the highway. Does anyone know?

My thinking is that if parts are just as scarce as the smaller euro brands, but more reliable and more fuel efficient, then it may need a closer review and consideration as I own a euro as well so parts scarcity isn't so much of a shock to me anymore.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i once owned and nursed an orphan car. parts as rare as hen's teeth.

in one of my weekends, parts-hunting, the counter guy just gave me the usual, "wala po".
    then he turned to the next guy for his parts list.
    i don't remember what part he was looking for, but i still clearly remember the counter guy's reply.
    "kanan o kaliwa? harap o likod? OEM, japan o bayan sell? ilan gusto mo?"

whereupon i swore to myself,
    "never again."

nowadays, the dealer will do the parts-ordering.
    but the waiting time is still as uncomfortable, especially if one's access to a service vehicle is limited.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 22nd, 2020 at 11:08 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

in one of my weekends, parts-hunting, the counter guy just gave me the usual, "wala po".
    i don't remember what part he was looking for, but i still clearly remember the counter guy's reply.

"never again."

but the waiting time is still as uncomfortable, especially if one's access to a service vehicle is limited.
    I know exactly what you mean. And yes a spare car is really key which was what one of my euro driving friends said. I was actually thinking about a 1st gen touareg before this and those parts are absolutely thru ebay only as it never came out here..... I just thought parts for this would be easier to source than that or the Volvo xc90 or the Lexus rx350...... plus it's diesel pa. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :-)

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

"never again."

Members of car clubs in FB usually have parts. I had a hard time finding shock absorbers for our focus ecoboost. Yun pala ang daming nagbebenta sa ford focus club ng parts, decently priced at original pa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
3.0L Hyundai Veracruz