New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 336
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,476
    #311
    Should be the 3.8 v6 for pallisade...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,582
    #312
    Hindi bebenta yan pag gas.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

  3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,317
    #313
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Hindi bebenta yan pag gas.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Bebenta naman gas-powered midsize SUVs but not as good on sales like the diesels. Mayrun pa rin bumibili ng Explorer, CX9, RX350, etc.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,898
    #314
    In terms of maintenance cost kaya, pareho lang ba diesel and gas?

  5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,205
    #315
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    In terms of maintenance cost kaya, pareho lang ba diesel and gas?
    ano ba ang pinapalitan nila kapag pms ng diesel?
    ano ang pinapalitan kapag pms ng gas?

  6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,317
    #316
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ano ba ang pinapalitan nila kapag pms ng diesel?
    ano ang pinapalitan kapag pms ng gas?
    Turbo Diesel engines require more oil. Not sure how much oil the Hyundai/Kia 2.2L CRDI needs but those on PPVs need around 7L every oil change. Diesel engines also require earlier change on its fuel filter. Unless you have a VW TDI, most other diesel engines require shorter oil change intervals compared to gasoline engines.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,205
    #317
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Turbo Diesel engines require more oil. Not sure how much oil the Hyundai/Kia 2.2L CRDI needs but those on PPVs need around 7L every oil change. Diesel engines also require earlier change on its fuel filter. Unless you have a VW TDI, most other diesel engines require shorter oil change intervals compared to gasoline engines.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    higher oil and filter costs.
    i suppose, that will be covered and more, by the diesel's cheaper peso/km figures...?
    i think someone already made those calculations before...

  8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,317
    #318
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    higher oil and filter costs.
    i suppose, that will be covered and more, by the diesel's cheaper peso/km figures...?
    i think someone already made those calculations before...
    Yun nga common findings. You save more on fuel expense with a diesel but you spend more on maintenance. People who use regular oil on diesels change them every 3 months or every 5k km. Some opt for fully synthetic and go up to 6 months or 10k km.

    For VW TDI cars, change oil is every 12 months or 15k km of use. However, VW TDI specs are different and they use specific oils. These oils are twice more expensive than the usual oils on the market, 700-800 per liter.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,639
    #319
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    higher oil and filter costs.
    i suppose, that will be covered and more, by the diesel's cheaper peso/km figures...?
    i think someone already made those calculations before...
    cheap lang naman hyundai xteer oils.. also may available replacement (korean made) filters sa Good gear at fronte..

    korean diesel oil filters nasa 300 to 500 pesos lang naman.. 7 liters oil baka less than 2k pesos..

  10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,205
    #320
    in a simple comparison calculation,

    my diesel AT innova does 8 km/li and needs 23,125 bucks to do 5000 km.
    my altis AT does 8 km/li and needs 29,375 bucks to do 5000 km.
    the 6000 peso difference covers whatever difference in their relative oil and filter costs, plus more.

Tags for this Thread

2019 Hyundai Sante Fe