New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2019
    I hope you can help us decide. My bro inlaw is being offered a 2016 Tucson. Upon checking the vehicle it has 50k on the odo and the owner said that ot has problems with the actuator for the turbo which he said is normal for the 50k mileage.

Is that normal? And if it is then is it worth repairing if we can get the car for a good deal?

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    not normal. its premature wear.

if you plan to purchase the unit, ask R&G Autosupply (on FB) how much it costs without the turbo unit.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by H4him View Post
    I hope you can help us decide. My bro inlaw is being offered a 2016 Tucson. Upon checking the vehicle it has 50k on the odo and the owner said that ot has problems with the actuator for the turbo which he said is normal for the 50k mileage.

Is that normal? And if it is then is it worth repairing if we can get the car for a good deal?

Thanks in advance.
    Double check mo sir sa casa for proper diagnosis. My tucson 2010 which have the same engine was mis diagnosed for having faulty turbo actuator. Pagkatapos palitan andun pa din ang issue. Hindi mapatino ng dalawang suki kong shop. Nag pa diagnose ako sa 2 casa just to get a clear picture of the issue. After a thorough diagnostics and road test, pareho conclusion ng 2 casa. Turbo ang problema. Hindi actuator lang. The mileage of my tucson is 102k with a lot of hataw mode pag open ang road.
    Needless to say I spent almost 100k for the turbo assembly and labor.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Maraming salamat sa mga sagot. Malaking tulong sa pag decide namin.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Paano naman nasabi na turbo actuator ang problema? Kahit sira actuator dapat normal pa din takbo nyan.. medyo ramdam mo lang na parang kulang sa power

6. Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Paano naman nasabi na turbo actuator ang problema? Kahit sira actuator dapat normal pa din takbo nyan.. medyo ramdam mo lang na parang kulang sa power
    Yan lang ang sabi nung nagbebenta. Di namin alam history ng car.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Thanks in advance.
    what are the symptoms of malfunctioning turbo actuator, and are you experiencing this? what are you experiencing, po?
    baka kasi, yun ay sabi sabi lang sa kanya ng mekaniko.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009

Thanks in advance.
    why don't you try sir zixx? nasa montero thread siya. dami siya knowledge dyan sa turbo
    and he gives honest diagnasis and solutions. OT nga lang. Better visit his shop near SM
    San lazaro. take note diesel engined monterosport and SUVs are turbocharged.