New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I think it will give a diagnostic error code as the knock sensor feed the data to the ecu.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    I think it will give a diagnostic error code as the knock sensor feed the data to the ecu.
    I believe so. The service manager just called me yesterday and told me after trying out a couple of software updates to the ECU, knocking was still detected.

I hope they replace the ECU completely na lang. I read here in the forums that that's the real solution to the problem.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I hope this helps. :toast: My sister's 2011 1.4L Accent A/T issues were recently solved by a complete replacement of the CVVT system by HARI. She also went through the whole charade of ECU software updates, advice of only using only Shell 97 octane gas, etc... with still the presence of engine knocks, high rpm upshifts, poor engine performance and poor fuel economy. :ill:

http://tsikot.com/forums/hyundai-car...sa-casa-92845/

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by stramato View Post
    Hyundai Alabang immediately acknowledged the engine knock issue as soon as they started the car and rev'd it in neutral. It was obviously knocking! On the way to Alabang (from Makati), I also felt the power loss/hesitation, which is now obvious.

The steps that they will do are as follows (and as expected):

-Update the ECU software then do some tests.
    -If it still knocks after a couple of software updates, then they will replace the ECU itself.

It seems that the ECU is giving a very lean air/fuel mixture.

I hope they don't "test drive" it so much during the process though, as this means accelerated wear/tear inside my engine (especially aluminum block pa naman). Engine knock can be diagnosed through the console (laptop connected to the ECU)!
    newbie question lang sir.
    if beyond the 1st 1000 and 5000 pms which is free labor,
    hihingi bah ng charges yung casa if ever you encountered the knocking, then sabihin mo sa kanila nga you want to update the ECU?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hyundai will not ask for additional charges as long as your vehicle is still under warranty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12