New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    hi there,
    just want to ask your fuel consumption (km/L) if your using 2011 1.1 i10 AT.
    mine is like 7 to 8 km/L lang in city driving. i am maintaining a 2000rpm.
    does anyone here shares the same experience? thanks!

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by giantslayer29 View Post
    hi there,
    just want to ask your fuel consumption (km/L) if your using 2011 1.1 i10 AT.
    mine is like 7 to 8 km/L lang in city driving. i am maintaining a 2000rpm.
    does anyone here shares the same experience? thanks!

Im using the same i10 2011 A/T I have a 3000+ on my odo and my fuel consumption ranges from 7 (lowest ) to 13 km/L (highest) this is on pure city driving so far when driving in the highway I get a 13 to 15 km/l consumption.

I have read on the internet that a Lower RPM constitutes to a lower fuel consumption, since then I tried my best to keep my rpm low, mostly up to 1500 only, i check my speed and check where it stays on a 1500 rpm level. So far I have not fully tested that theory for I have to go back abroad to work again. So far fuel prices continously rise and I fear a 500php fuel refill will no longer suffice.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If traffic doesn't allow you to coast or cruise, your fuel economy will not be good.

It's not so much the rpm as the momentum. Every time you come to a complete stop or lose a lot of speed, you will nee to use extra gas to get back up to speed. If you want good city economy, either plan your trips so you won't see traffic or stoplights, or adjust your speed so that you just get to the stoplight right before it turns green. Keep distance to the car in front of you so that when he brakes, you don't have to... you can just let off the gas pedal and slow down to his speed.

7 km/l is either terrible or normal, depending on how long your trips are. But I've seen as low as 4-5 km/l from 1.4 - 1.8 liter cars in Manila traffic over the summer due to the terrible traffic caused by construction... what you get in summer traffic or cold Christmas traffic will not often match what you can get during regular driving months.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If traffic doesn't allow you to coast or cruise, your fuel economy will not be good.

It's not so much the rpm as the momentum. Every time you come to a complete stop or lose a lot of speed, you will nee to use extra gas to get back up to speed. If you want good city economy, either plan your trips so you won't see traffic or stoplights, or adjust your speed so that you just get to the stoplight right before it turns green. Keep distance to the car in front of you so that when he brakes, you don't have to... you can just let off the gas pedal and slow down to his speed.

7 km/l is either terrible or normal, depending on how long your trips are. But I've seen as low as 4-5 km/l from 1.4 - 1.8 liter cars in Manila traffic over the summer due to the terrible traffic caused by construction... what you get in summer traffic or cold Christmas traffic will not often match what you can get during regular driving months.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004

2011 i10 AT Fuel Comsumption