New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 166 of 167 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1668
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    I'm embarrassed that Ken knows the oil capacity of my car while I do not... -_-
    Ganun talaga...

BTW, it's better to use ZIC A+ fully synthetic than Motul HTech100.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Are there any known issues with the Sonata? Planning to get a pre-owned one as an extra car.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Are there any known issues with the Sonata? Planning to get a pre-owned one as an extra car.
    Hmmm.. wala naman unexpected issues. A fellow Sonata member is having trouble sa aircon niya though. Yun akin naman paminsan nawawalan lang ng lamig (as if I switched off the A/C) but it'll start blowing cold air again in a few seconds -- so far happened twice na saakin in a 5 month time span.

As an owner, I'd say the panoramic glass roof will start creaking in a few years time. You'll need to pay extra attention to the rubber sidings too. But so far wala ako problema sa roof.

Another thing I appreciated is that Sonatas come with a factory rubber lip concealed sa front bumper nila. What I didn't anticipate on purchase was the wheelbase and length. There are some areas na talagang off-limits sayo dahil sa lapad mo such as Timog's Victoria Towers Basement levels.. you'll literally see-saw there (I scrapped on it dahil may elevated platform siya sa gitna. pota) and big-ass humps is a no-no.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Minsan nawawala sa pagka lapat yung rubber seals ng panoramic sunroof. Also pansin ko bilis mag leak ng air ng both rear wheels ko kahit wala naman puncture or anything.

Also nakaka paranoid sa mga basement parking dahil sa sayad.
    Last edited by jmpet626; January 24th, 2014 at 06:00 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    Minsan nawawala sa pagka lapat yung rubber seals ng panoramic sunroof. Also pansin ko bilis mag leak ng air ng both rear wheels ko kahit wala naman puncture or anything.

Also nakaka paranoid sa mga basement parking dahil sa sayad.
    first day ko pa lang with the sonata sayad agad. other than this issue, pretty happy with the car after 2 years

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    first day ko pa lang with the sonata sayad agad. other than this issue, pretty happy with the car after 2 years
    Same here. First day? Bam!

As for the tires, wala naman ako problema sa back. Usually it's the front that gets deflated quickly since we're FWDs while the back simply follows.

---
    *thread
    Hassle. Nagcrack tires ko sa Sonata thanks to a drainage gap (yes, gap.. not pothole) that well.. dented my rims and pretty much cracked the tire.

As I'm originally a 235/35 R20... naubusan na ng stock! Called everywhere na. So I'm gonna test 245/35 R20... chances are, I'll rub the inner clip though since I have Eibach springs let's see nalang. Hassle hahaha..
    Last edited by jhnkvn; January 28th, 2014 at 08:39 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hi im selling some parts from our sonata premium like 18" wheels and tires, and also swapping the leather power seats to ordinary plus cash, etc. message me if your interested in some parts. thanks

https://z-n.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-c.a...47703158_n.jpg
    https://z-n.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-e.a...35862433_n.jpg
    https://z-n.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-f.a...75600866_n.jpg
    https://z-n.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-d.a...50394427_n.jpg

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    I will like to note that I know two owners na having compressor issues on the Sonata YF with one of them being me.

It's still tugging along well... but I'll have to replace it na. Symptoms include nawawala yun A/C at random times (happened to me months before pa.. for now, wala) but I hear the compressor noise getting louder and louder na. Grr...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    I will like to note that I know two owners na having compressor issues on the Sonata YF with one of them being me.

It's still tugging along well... but I'll have to replace it na. Symptoms include nawawala yun A/C at random times (happened to me months before pa.. for now, wala) but I hear the compressor noise getting louder and louder na. Grr...
    replaced mine already under warranty last march. biggest symptom yung noise (whirring sound & tunog diesel) but never naman nawala yung lamig.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    replaced mine already under warranty last march. biggest symptom yung noise (whirring sound & tunog diesel) but never naman nawala yung lamig.
    Ilan years ba yun part warranty?

Same symptom on the whirring sound. Once lang ngyari yun nawalan ng lamig though..