New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon21 View Post
    With all due respect, I thought of the Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 CVT, I know that it's ancient, and almost forgotten, but it is tagged as P745K, and if asked politely, Mitsu is willing to give it easily at P720k. I know that Accent is new, but in the light of this, P700k is not really unreasonable

By the way, family also own a Tucson, and a Getz so I follow Hyundai too.
    You answered your own question, cause its OLD!!! Nabawi na yung cost nyan and old technology is cheaper. A new car has a lot of research cost that need to be recovered kaya mas mataas preyso nyan. And this new Accent has way more technology than the old Lancer... Safety will also be better cause of the new design and construction... There is no MODERN high end sub compact that sells in the P600K range... Honda City, Jazz, Toyota Vios, Mazda 2, Ford Fiesta non of their high end models sell for P600K range... Mitsubishi just does not have a real subcompact to sell here kaya they use an old car to fill the gap...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Chrome din yung grille.
    Its not much of a chrome grill, its more of a chrome bar.
    Too bad the Accent 1.4 has black door handles and steel wheels. I think this one should start at P700K or less.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Its not much of a chrome grill, its more of a chrome bar.
    Too bad the Accent 1.4 has black door handles and steel wheels. I think this one should start at P700K or less.
    Less than 600K daw.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Paano ba yan, doomed na ang pagiging hari ng Vios at ng City in the subcompact category as they will make way for a new king: the all new Accent! Mas lalo pa kung lumabas na yung CRDi version nito

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Less than 600K daw.

yun na yung X factor, 1.4 * <600k, 1.6 * <800k

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008

bakit kaya di pa nila ginawang projector ang headlight mas maganda siguro siya hehehe

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    You answered your own question, cause its OLD!!! Nabawi na yung cost nyan and old technology is cheaper. A new car has a lot of research cost that need to be recovered kaya mas mataas preyso nyan. And this new Accent has way more technology than the old Lancer... Safety will also be better cause of the new design and construction... There is no MODERN high end sub compact that sells in the P600K range... Honda City, Jazz, Toyota Vios, Mazda 2, Ford Fiesta non of their high end models sell for P600K range... Mitsubishi just does not have a real subcompact to sell here kaya they use an old car to fill the gap...
    Hahaha. Tama ka dyan bro. Plus think about what you're getting with the new Accent. The engine, having a lower displacement plus the small frame makes the car lighter than the Lancer. Power to weight ratio is better so fuel economy is better. The price isn't much. Look at the City and the Vios, they're equipped with the same add-ons but the prices of these two are definitely higher than the Accent. I don't think the 1.4 model would reach the 700k mark. HARI probably know that it would be stupidity for their part if they'd do that.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrone View Post
    yun na yung X factor, 1.4 * <600k, 1.6 * <800k
    So the Accent 1.4 MT costs less than P600K, in other words it will be priced the same as or close to the baby Hyundai i10?
    Hmmm... time to completely kill their own i10 sales?
    i10 1.2 GLS MT P538K
    i10 1.2 GLS AT P578K

On the bright side, pricing the Accent 1.4 MT below P600K will make it a favorite among taxi operators (tired of riding the same types of old taxis, a new one would be welcome).
    Since its below P600K(?) this also means it will be roughly P100K+ cheaper than the outgoing Accent CRDi and Kia Rio 1.4 MT.
    Last edited by AG4; November 28th, 2010 at 02:02 AM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Paano ba yan, doomed na ang pagiging hari ng Vios at ng City in the subcompact category as they will make way for a new king: the all new Accent! Mas lalo pa kung lumabas na yung CRDi version nito
    Wag mapapakasigurado. Dito sa Tsikot yes educated tayo sa cars but would 80% of the car public trust a Hyundai over an all mighty, indestructible (or so they believe cause they are ignorant) Toyota? Or a prestigious Honda (again as their uneducated brains make them believe)?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    pansin ko lang. for me, parang mas maganda design nung rims ng base model than yung 1.6.

2011 Hyundai Accent/Verna Full Model Change