New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 119 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1559
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ako!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper00 View Post
    sorry for the bad pic. my friend was in a hurry to leave. but here's an accent 1.4 m/t in bronze. the colour looks better in person imho.

At last somebody posted a bronze color Accent. BTW kakagaling lang kanina ng wife ko sa Hyundai Pampanga to check the Accent, I am not sure if somebody posted it here before, tumaas na daw ang price ng 1.4 MT Accent from 588k to 596k and the 1.4 AT from 688k to 696k. The SA informed my wife that the 8k increase was due to the addition of side mirror repeaters (turn signal on the side mirrors). IMHO this is a good thing to have which would mean that all accent variants will now have this feature. Can anybody confirm if this per dealer only?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ^sabi na eh! :bwahaha: birthday gift mo na yan sayo....hahaha!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by andretti View Post
    At last somebody posted a bronze color Accent. BTW kakagaling lang kanina ng wife ko sa Hyundai Pampanga to check the Accent, I am not sure if somebody posted it here before, tumaas na daw ang price ng 1.4 MT Accent from 588k to 596k and the 1.4 AT from 688k to 696k. The SA informed my wife that the 8k increase was due to the addition of side mirror repeaters (turn signal on the side mirrors). IMHO this is a good thing to have which would mean that all accent variants will now have this feature. Can anybody confirm if this per dealer only?
    Weird kung ganun.

Kasi usually 8 ang ending ng prices ng HARI.

Ganito, kapag meron parin nung repeater sa fender, ibig sabihin dealer installed yan.

Pero kung wala nang repeater sa fender at sa side mirror case lang meron, Factory installed yan tulad ng 1.6 GLS-Blue.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Weird kung ganun.

Kasi usually 8 ang ending ng prices ng HARI.

Ganito, kapag meron parin nung repeater sa fender, ibig sabihin dealer installed yan.

Pero kung wala nang repeater sa fender at sa side mirror case lang meron, Factory installed yan tulad ng 1.6 GLS-Blue.

You have a point Sir, looking at the 1.6AT, wala na yung turn signal doon sa fender at doon nalang sa side mirror meron. I asked my wife just now, she can only confirm that the turn signal is located on the mirror itself with a blinking arrow signal, can this be installed by the dealer if this is the case?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Located at the side mirror itself. Ala Expedition pala.

Dealer installed yan kung ganun

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Grabe naman! Para lang dun 8k kaagad? A way to make more money siguro. Kita nila sobrang mura ang Accent. Sa Banawe eh, mura mura lang ng turn signal repeaters. Wrong move...

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper00 View Post
    sorry for the bad pic. my friend was in a hurry to leave. but here's an accent 1.4 m/t in bronze. the colour looks better in person imho.

Based on the photo, it looks like the same shade as the beige on the honda city, crv and accord, am I right?

Definitely unlike the light beige on the Vios 1.3E or 1st gen Tucson.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    A review from Autoindustriya.com

When we first got word of the upcoming Hyundai Accent, it's easy to surmise that we were excited. In fact we were very excited, given how Hyundai's latest products have shaken up the market so much. So much so that the leading Japanese automotive luminaries must be quite nervous about what they can come up with next.

So what's the deal with the Accent then? Much is expected. But can it deliver?

In the looks department, it definitely lives up to the hype. The design itself exhibits the very best of what Hyundai has to offer, something that was best spoken with one of the most gorgeous everyday cars I've laid eyes on: the Sonata. The sleek, tapered front end is quite busy with plenty of cool details, with steeply raked headlamps, the foglamps that seem to have been lifted straight from a concept car and the new 6-point grille that is becoming a mainstay in current Hyundais.

Towards the side, there's the great feature line that runs from the front and all around the rear end, giving the Accent a feel that it's always on the move, as no surface is ever just left alone as flat, boring slabs of painted steel. The rear is quite busy too, really capping off the Accent as a true design exercise in the subcompact car class, though I would swap out those wheels for nicer multi spoke rims the first chance I get.

The interior of the Accent was quite surprising, and very pleasantly so. The design guys over at Hyundai certainly put in a lot of work into this one, with tactile surfaces, a very pleasant look and excellent ergonomics. The seats are definitely great, and as I remember, it is one of the very rare subcompact cars that use a piano-black finish along with brushed metal trim, giving a new feel of premium class in its category. Put it simply, the new Accent's interior a far cry from the thrift store feel of the old Accent. So far so good.

Getting acquainted with the features is quite easy, with a very straightforward layout for all the controls. The steering wheel has auxiliary controls for the audio system, which features full iPod integration, USB connectivity and plays through 6 speakers. The Accent is also the first in its class to have automatic climate control, along with the standard power features like windows, mirrors, and keyless entry. The trip computer also has a full suite of information available with average speed, elapsed time as well as average and current fuel economy.

In terms of space and practicality, the Accent exceeds expectations. There's decent legroom to go around for 5 adults, while there are several convenient storage compartments and cubby holes around the cabin. Whats surprising is the size of the trunk, which, at first glance, can easily be the most capacious in the subcompact sedan class.

Now we've driven the old Accent many times before, and what got us is how it's CRDI powertrain really delivers what was promised: power and astounding fuel efficiency, as our good friend Tito Hermoso once clocked an astounding 39.67 kilometers per liter of diesel. Currently, the diesel version of the new Accent is still unavailable, but the petrol versions are ready to take up the mantle.

At the heart of the all new Accent is an entirely new powertrain, consisting of a Gamma engine displacing 1.6 liters. The engine produces a very healthy 124 horsepower and 156 newton meters of torque. The engine is complemented by a 4-speed automatic transmission which, on the spec sheet, looks underwhelming, but actually delivers very decent fuel economy figures at 16.4 kilometers per liter on the highway (100 km/h average) and 12.7 kilometers per liter in city conditions (light to moderate traffic). In terms of nois suppression there's no question about it, as on most road surfaces, the Accent delivers the quietest cabin in the class.

The first night I got the Accent, I was well and truly impressed with it. But after just a day of driving, something came up that I can't wrap my head around: the ride. The Accent is decently sprung for vigorous cornering, but judging from the seat of your pants, the shock absorbers are not up to scratch. It feels severely underdamped, leading to a bumpy feel when youre driving alone, or a wobbly drive when you've got a car full of passengers weighing it down. The rear suspension in particular, has a tendency to bottom out even while taking speed bumps at reasonable, almost gingerly speeds.

For the design, features, quality feel, fuel economy, the amazing warranty (5 years, 100,000km) and noise refinement, I would have gladly given the Accent the full five stars; the same that we gave it's more upmarket brothers like the Sonata, Genesis Coupe and Tucson. But until the suspension issues are addressed (hopefully Hyundai would), the Accent will have to settle for three.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Additional Pix sa Color Bronze na Hyundai.. enjoy it guys..