New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 54 of 156 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Finally saw the actual Accent 1.6 AT. Blew me away (well, looks at least).

Walang sinabi Fiesta sa interior (Ford made it's Fiesta interior look so cramped. Hyundai did a fine job). Sa interior ng Honda Jazz, Ford Fiesta, Toyota Vios/Yaris) and even Honda City, the Accent felt more spacious and comfy. Effective design, may illusion of large space. Of course compared to the Sonata (limo/taxi service we had in Seoul) masikip ang Accent.

Pag dating sa driver seat (and front seat) aba bucket seat. Nice touch. I don't remember the Fiestas seats because it never made any impression to me (except for being too cramped) and fugly.

Then the boot. Laki. Reminds me of Suzuki's SX4. Nice. I never liked too many buttons sa steering wheel but since uso ang dami din sa Accent.

Performance is something else. May edge pa rin ata Ford sa stabilization program or whatever they call that safety feature. But then on the road the Fiesta looks like a super mini compact car (looking smaller than a Jazz! Fuglier though)

I would have considered this to replaced my parents car (personally I prefer trucks) but when my dad saw it he also found it good looking but still small. For those into compact sedan this is a contender.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    FInally saw the new accent at Hyundai Marcos highway. Color red. It has a badge that says "blue" dont know why it says blue though..

Anyway full feature sya.. love the guages.. love the interior..

Isa pang natuwa ako.. ganda nang tunog pag sinasara ang trunk..

New accent looks awesome...

Kung may pambili lang ako... ill buy this over Vios at City...

Sana lang maglabas nang CRDi pero sana hindi mahal....Pag nangyari ito.. mapapaisip ako kung ford focus TDCI or eto pero syempre depende sa presyo...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Color red. It has a badge that says "blue" dont know why it says blue though..
    Ito yata ang ibig sabihin: Blue Drive = "Eco-friendly" model. Designed for fuel economy & low emission to reduce impact to the environment.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by xander1925 View Post
    FInally saw the new accent at Hyundai Marcos highway. Color red. It has a badge that says "blue" dont know why it says blue though..

Anyway full feature sya.. love the guages.. love the interior..

Isa pang natuwa ako.. ganda nang tunog pag sinasara ang trunk..

New accent looks awesome...

Kung may pambili lang ako... ill buy this over Vios at City...

Sana lang maglabas nang CRDi pero sana hindi mahal....Pag nangyari ito.. mapapaisip ako kung ford focus TDCI or eto pero syempre depende sa presyo...
    nung dumaan ako nawala na. mukhang nabenta nA AGAD

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by harold13 View Post
    nung dumaan ako nawala na. mukhang nabenta nA AGAD
    patanong ninyo sa SA, ako kasi wala din nakadisplay pero dinala niya ako sa likod at nandun yung 4 na units.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    May Accent sa Trinoma if you really wanna see it care of Hyundai Quezon Ave.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    Ito yata ang ibig sabihin: Blue Drive = "Eco-friendly" model. Designed for fuel economy & low emission to reduce impact to the environment.
    Korek. Kahit other car manufacturers are using blue to signify fuel efficiency either. In recognition of this color:

Bilib na talaga ako sa Hyundai, especially after reading this:

Although EPA gas-mileage ratings may or may not be achievable in real-world driving conditions, they're a good relative benchmark.
    They're also a very public encouragement to carmakers to make more fuel-efficient cars.
    Hyundai, whose new 2011 Elantra compact model is rated at 40 mpg highway for all sedan models (the Touring is a carryover from the previous generation), has now stepped up its challenge to other makers.
    Two months ago, the company began breaking out sales totals for every car it sold that got 40 mpg or better, starting with November sales figures. And it all but dared other carmakers to do the same, though we're not aware of any that took Hyundai up on its challenge.
    2011 Hundai Sonata Hybrid, La Jolla, California, October 2010
    Enlarge Photo
    Now, Hyundai is going further, saying it will include in its monthly sales data a sales-weighted average gas mileage. That is, its average mileage will be higher if it sells lots of Elantras and Sonata Hybrids, but lower if it sells high volumes of the less efficient Genesis and Equus large luxury sedans.
    For January, the company says, the sales-weighted average for all models it sells was 34.7 mpg. That breaks down into 36.4 mpg for its cars, and 29.8 mpg for minivans and crossovers (it does not sell pickup trucks).
    Hyundai is making an aggressive push to raise the fuel efficiency of all its models, including a flat ban on any V-6 engines for the midsize Sonata sedan and the compact Tucson crossover.
    "In 2008, Hyundai had committed to achieve a CAFE level of at least 35 mpg by 2015," said Hyundai Motor America CEO John Krafcik. "Now we can confidently project achieving a 35 mpg average several years early."
    "With 2025 CAFE targets being discussed in the 47-to-62 mpg range," he continued, "Hyundai's fuel economy may provide some confidence to policy-makers that this industry can achieve remarkable fuel efficiency gains, without compromising vehicle sales, appeal, value, or customer satisfaction."
    http://www.greencarreports.com/blog/...ther-carmakers

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    looking forward to seeing this in the flesh. hehe.

I don't think it's over for the ford fiesta (and the honda city)... far from it. The price difference between the two models is just too steep (and very limited options). The fiesta (and city), on the other hand, has lots of variants for differing budgets. (a sport trim level sedan is on the way, I think). And the jazz/city is going to be updated soon (with a CVT, projectors, and revised interior)

A CRDi version is gonna cost +100k. might be the i30 all over again... the old CRDi accent was relatively rare before the huge price reduction in preparation for the introduction of the new model.

BUT the accent is definitely a contender - it's going to be an interesting battle at the 800k range between the technology-laden sport fiesta, the current king-of-the hill city E, and the TOTL accent. hehe.

Can't wait for a comparo

Personally I think the real killer here will be the 584k accent. Undercuts the Vios 1.3J quite nicely...

pero... ang piinakamarami parin talaga akong nakikita ay yung vios 1.3E na A/T... hehe. Noticing that new 1.5 G models are rarer now, though

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah I notice that too, very few new 1.5G coming around since nagkaroon ng 1.3E na automatic... It really shows Toyota buyers just want a car... Sa Ford side naman the Fiesta Sport is the top seller even though its the most expensive so their market is the more spirited drivers... Sa Honda City/Jazz parang equal sales ang mga 1.3 and 1.5 nila...

Sa Accent it will be the 1.4L as long as taxi companies want it, it will sell...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    double post. sorry mods...
    Last edited by scharnhorst; February 5th, 2011 at 12:59 PM.